C-UNIT

Central Locking Pump over run but no leaks..pls help!

Hi In need of some help pls!

Recently had pair of doors fitted from a vr6 to my 16v as the original doors had major rust, the looms also been replaced from a vr6.

All doors open fine electric windows now work, when the doors were fitted all associated wiring vac pipes were connected.

The central locking pump which is original 16v will now not fit to connector so i got hold of a vr6 pump pluged it in and gave it a go..when i trigger my alarm i can here the pump whirring and runs for about 45sec can here a click when stops thinking my doors have locked but the doors do not lock or boot do need to check boot again.

From reading the forum i have found 1st check for leaks in the vac pipes which i have checked and cannot hear anything checked connection at t connector behind fuse box all connected up no leak there.

Something i found is my driver door lock pin does not go up or down when pushed or pulled this is something i also need to check, could be that when the door was fitted the door lock lever or something has not clicked in place or connected as should, if the door lock pin cannot be pushed up or down to lock has this any affect on the pump not allowing it to push anything causing the regulater or something to not operate as lock pin is stuck?.

Passenger door lock pin is fine pull up and door opens and push down the door is locked.but even after pumps stop passenger door is still not locked...so this leads me to think could i be that unlucky and both doors have 2 faulty regulators .

I have been also told you may not always hear the leak so i will also check front passenger door and check the vac connecter there.

Never had this issue so i am sure someone may have experienced this may be regret changing the doors but if you saw the rust it just had to be done plus side i have electric windows.

If anyone has anything that could help please post or wish me luck!

Thanks for your time

c-unit:thumbleft:

Problem now fixed!!

l got the door cards off both doors...the driver side actuator didnt seem to push up or down quite stiff so i removed the door lock catch and found the lever which the actuator connects too was proper stiff and needed a good hard push.

I think the spring or something is a gonner so i have located another catch will fit asap. the actuator without the catch now works but i still get overun from the pump..

Turns out on the passeger side the vac pipe had come loose and will conect up have tried pulling the vac pipe to get some slack to push in but is coming down behind the speaker grill a mission to get too but wil get to it soon and in theory should resolve the pump issue and activate both locks happy days!!