Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Rain gutter thingyies?

I noticed that my rain gutter thingyies are buggered. Wil this let water into places I dont want it too?

Does anybody have a part number for these assuming you can replace them?

mine have just gone too, i dont think it is going to cause a water leak, well mine hasnt(yet)

could do with getting hold of some new ones myself

You won't get any leaks from these as there's nothing under the strips, they just stick on with sticky backed tape... :?

Kevhaywire did a "how to" on fitting new ones of these not long ago... 8)

Check HERE for details... 8)

I have picked the perished rubber off mine to tidy them up a bit until I can afford to replace them... but I wonder if there is any point in replacing them if they don't cause leaks?

As a temporary measure it is possible to just neatly trim off the perished bits the full length of the rubber. Doesn't look great, but at £30 up apiece new :!:

what would this look like to fill/flush them.... coz they were only for roof racks nothing else..... and Henny, right they only stuck on not into the inside...

I have picked the perished rubber off mine to tidy them up a bit until I can afford to replace them... but I wonder if there is any point in replacing them if they don't cause leaks?

Both of mine had been like that for nearly two years now, as don't think worth lashing out for new ones, no problems. Recently replaced one from a scrappy, just waiting for another one to turn up whenever, maybe at Inters!

just run a knife down it and cut off the raggy bits. that's what most people do. once they're gone, you'll never even know they'd been there.