corrado_sunderland

How long would you wait before its yours? delivery for someone else

I went out and got a 46" samsung smart 3d tv the other day and low and behold 2 days later a 32" one turns up at my door for a neighbour :lol:

Ive left a note,the lights are never on,no curtains and apparently someone was moving in weeks ago but no sign since or answer on the buzzer. it was delivered last saturday so how long would you wait before making it your new bedroom tv :lol: ?

defo longer than a week. probably 28 days, or hand it in to the police and then claim it back once its not been claimed for?

a mate went home one day to find a wii with games and wii fit board on his front wall, days after it was first released. noone ever got in touch.. weird!

defo longer than a week. probably 28 days, or hand it in to the police and then claim it back once its not been claimed for?

a mate went home one day to find a wii with games and wii fit board on his front wall, days after it was first released. noone ever got in touch.. weird!

i was thinking a month funny enough,id say its a far enough amount of time, i still think its just pure lucky if it does end up that way really im not dishonest but jesus its a long time so wait and see ey

If you have left a note your a bit stuffed, as it could be a month or more but you have admitted to having it. I think giving it to the police is the best bet.

Who delivered the package?

I know theres quite a few Carriers who are permitted to leave packages with neighbours. I work for Amazon too, so in this situation its more than likely that the Driver who delivered is going to have to come back and collect the package.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on keeping it either, your address and name will be on the tracking for where it was delivered.

Could be a case of the previous occupant sending their TV for their new address to their old address though haha.

You did the right thing mate both legally and morally. Thats your good deed of the day.

Alan

You did the right thing mate both legally and morally. Thats your good deed of the day.

Alan

Well i wasnt going to steal it :lol: i was just hoping he would just never come for it haha,his flat is empty and no lights are ever on so i though no-one had moved it at all,apparently hes a vampire as he came at 11pm and i didnt invite him in of course....weve all know if your invite them in you ****ed :lol: