Tempest

¨Little¨ 928-Meet in Tilford today

Time for my first true 928-meet, today in a tiny little place near Farnsham, Tilford, on the Common Green, whih belongs to the local cricket team.

About 30 landsharks turned up, so enough iopportunity to have a good drool, and take pics until the battery in my camera was empty :blush:

Jim joined me - just as well, because after 5 weeks of inactivity the battery in my Landshark had decided to die on me this morning despite me having recharged the thing last Sunday, so Jim´s Octavia was the star of the day, before the Landshark could take over :) -

Pics:

928-8.jpg

928-7.jpg

928-6.jpg

928-5.jpg

928-4.jpg

928-3.jpg

928-2.jpg

928-1.jpg

Nice selection of models, ranging from original 1978 right up to the last ones, the 350 PS GTS models, in an amazing array of colours, both external paint and internal seat, doorcard and dash colour combinations, but the majority of thier owners came across on us ¨poor¨ Rado enthusiasts as well, erm, snobbish, actually, certainly a lot older than even me !

How the heck these people manage to earn what appears to be much more money than me despite I trust a lesser education and academic qualification than me, I have no idea. The saying ¨More money than sense¨ quite literally holds true in certain segments of the population. Nevertheless it was a good day out, finished off with a flying visit to Toad´s residence on our return journey.

Tempest

Funny/sad isn't it. I found the same attitude from a high percentage of the 968 owners club. Fortunatly the Corrado forum is free from automotive heirachy ( usual suspects please chip in). Yet I find TIPEC a sound bunch.

Talking of interiors, was watching some Scarface clips yesterday. That Pacha interior is just crazy, even thirty years later.

I take it the pint making a cameo in some of the shots is yours then !

Blast. Forgot you were going to this. It's just around the corner from me. Would have popped by and said hello. I've got a real soft spot for these :)

Hmmm! Don't suppose I would have been welcome with the numbers 997 C4S.......??? lol:snipersmile:[ATTACH=CONFIG]69757[/ATTACH]

You'd have probably been told to remove your glorified Beetle away... :)

Nice to see a good strong meet. My dad has an s4 and I've always loved it. I saw a Club sport in white here the other day in immaculate condition, I was drooling.

You'd have probably been told to remove your glorified Beetle away... :)

Yep at 180 mph! lol

I love the Corrado but don't some people consider it the b@stard child of the Passat and Golf???? Hehehe!!!!

Edited by Toohottotrot

Some more shots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pagnobito/sets/72157631712053196/with/8062824679/

Yet I find TIPEC a sound bunch.

Indeed that´s why after having visited a regional meet of both the PCGB and TIPEC I decided to join TIPEC. The only chap that we really got talking to and discussed things that involve getting your hands dirty on the 928 was another TIPEC member, it transpired. the others seemed to be PCGB members, one of which told us how grand their one night in the year is, where they go for dinner, black tie and all. Hmm, well, I´d rather have it a bit more rustic :)

I take it the pint making a cameo in some of the shots is yours then !

:lol:

Tempest

That porka is stunning !!

Shame that some folk irrelevant of car they own seems to think themselves above others.

They are usually lacking in some way !!!!!

So Eric, you saw Toad, Is he a married man yet ? Actually he must be, does not come out to play anymore ?? !!! :-) :-)

Hmmm! Don't suppose I would have been welcome with the numbers 997 C4S.......??? lol:snipersmile:[ATTACH=CONFIG]69757[/ATTACH]

They are usually lacking in some way !!!!!

Usually not in the money-department, though (although i know that without actually fully screening their financial affairs, you can´t really tell whether they do really have money or are just keeping up appearances).

So Eric, you saw Toad, Is he a married man yet ? Actually he must be, does not come out to play anymore ?? !!! :-) :-)

Not yet, but getting there, so to speak. Might make an appearance at the NEC Classic Car Show!

Tempest

Yeah, he's all talk and no action these days !!!! :-)

Bet he dosn't make it.............. ;-)

Usually not in the money-department, though (although i know that without actually fully screening their financial affairs, you can´t really tell whether they do really have money or are just keeping up appearances).

Not yet, but getting there, so to speak. Might make an appearance at the NEC Classic Car Show!

Tempest