Sign in to follow this  
steveo29

c/o pot question.....pitstop??

i asked before but never got a firm answer

ive fiddled with my g60's c/o pot....when stone cold the reading is consistant across the 2 outer pins...but say if i take a test drive and allow the engine to warm the reading will have changed

so my question is how do the pro's like pitstop etc set them...hot/cold/warm

if its faulty please say so....but i cant afford to replace good parts

I´ve had the same problem when i bought my car. :wink:

Someone drilled the cap and played with the CO2 Pot... :roll:

It was measuring about 850 ohm (to rich) :shock:

I guess that a 500 ohm as SNS advice is a good reading for standart cars. :idea:

I took the CO2 Pot off the pipe cleaned and adjusted outside. 8)

The car runs very good since then! :)

But as we all know there aren´t 2 equal cars!

Each car has different specs.

That means that i´ll probably can get more power from him too... :?

But i am happy for now! :D

P.S. - If you have a gas analyser everything would be more easy! :idea:

but say if i take a test drive and allow the engine to warm the reading will have changed

Erm, that value should stay the same, as it's just a potentiometer :| (Mine's set to 520 Ω. Measuring the signal at pin 2 will change, as that's the internal air temperature sensor. Might be worthwhile changing the POT, if your's changes its value with different engine temperatures.

Tempest

Tempest? so if that center pin NEVER gives any reading your CO pot is goosed? This could explain some of my running problems then... :?

so if that center pin NEVER gives any reading your CO pot is goosed

Quite likely, or at least your air temp. sensor is gone, as the CO-POT enclosure also houses this sensor (hence the 3 pins, outer 2 for the CO-Pot, inner one providing the temp. sensor signal against GND).

Tempest

right, I'll get a new one of them ordered up as well as some other bits then... 8)

Cheers! :)

henny > when you put a meter across the two outer pins what does it read in ohms ?? > does it read 2260 or somthing silly like that ? does it adjust ? if not its dead if it adjust and stays there it aint dead just wind it back to around 550...

the outer 2 pins do alter as you adjust the screw... 8) I've now got it set to 550 ohms as you reccomended last night, although I've not had chance to try it on the car yet...

the outer 2 pins do alter as you adjust the screw... 8) I've now got it set to 550 ohms as you reccomended last night, although I've not had chance to try it on the car yet...

thats good then sorry i m posts dont make a lot a sense as im a bit all over the place today but still need to make sure my other "g60" familly is sorted too... :lol: :lol:

good then sorry i m posts dont make a lot a sense as im a bit all over the place today but still need to make sure my other "g60" familly is sorted too... :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't expect you to be any different Darren... 8) I'm still quite amazed that you're posting today... :D I think I'd either be in the pub (probably the last time for a while! ;) ) or with the new addition gazing in shock! ;) :lol: