Sign in to follow this  
JoeNose

Side repeaters- bugger

Was changing one of the side indicators today, when removing the old light the wiring loom detached and disappeared into the body... how do I get at the damn thing? Fading light didn't help but it seemed I couldn't reach it from the engine compartment.

get a piece of stiff wire, bend a hook into one end and go fishing through the indicator hole! ;)

I did exactly the same thing at Santa Pod last year when I got my crystal repeaters and managed to find a wire coathanger to get it out! It's either that, or remove the inner wing liner! :?

snap! i did exactly the same! if its dark and you cant see it (and the bulbs still in the loom!) turn your indicators on, they're a bu&&er to find otherwise.

i couldnt find a wire coathanger so i used the extentablle ariel off an old portable radio....not the easiest of things! good luck mate ;)

Removing the wheel arch lining isn't too bad though. Just remove a few bolts and you can get your hand in.

Might even be able to do it without removing the wheel if you put it on full lock.

when i was changing mine, the old clip broke and went inside the wing and appeared on the floor.....therefore must be a hole / gap somewhere??? didnt inspect anymore so i dont know just how big the hole is but its worth seeing if its big enought for a hand?? (if not a childs hand if you have a child about :lol: 'hey kid, come and stick your hand up here and push the wire back up, cheers matey 8) )

pull it back into the engine bay area, the tape the bulb holder to the end of a stick, the poke it back through and try and make it come ouf the hole in the wing. grab it, remove tape, bin stick, refit indicator.

There is indeed a hole on the underside...not big enough to lever the thing but big enough to shine a torch through...which came in handy after I managed to pull the bulb out of the loom with the coathanger on my So Near And Yet So Far first attempt. After the de-bulbed wiring disppeared again into the dark recesses of the bodywork, the torch was a lifesaver.

45 mins later I got the sodding thing out again. Phat I'm not sure if I could get in into the engine bay at all TBH; fortunately underbody torch + coathanger eventually did the trick.

I did this exact same thing. Get on yer back and look up under the car and you'll see the light coming in through your new found hole. As mentioned earlier get a thin piece of wire make a hook and fish it out. 2 mins and its all in the past.