tonytiger

Urgent Sunroof Help!

Something's broken on my sunroof, as it's open fully on tilt, but when I try to close it (manually with the allen key) only the drivers side closes - the passenger side doesn't budge. Is there any way I can persuade/force the passenger side down without removing the whole lot at the moment?

I've tried searching and reading through pages and pages of posts but I couldn't find an answer.

I've not tried a sledgehammer on it yet - but it might come to that.....

THanks.

Yep, that is the problem often discussed on here. The passenger side water plate guide has snapped. The only way to close it is to pull back the lining cover (just shove it backwards firmly and it unclips and slides back into the roof), then push the cable guide backwards with a screwdriver.

You will need to drop the whole assembly down and replace the broken part with a VW repair kit, which you WILL find with the search ;)

Thanks muchly! :thumbleft: I'd already tried using a screwdriver unsuccessfully, but with the lining out of the way it was easy. Didn't realise that lining cover came away so easily.

And yes, I'd already found loads of threads about the repair kit. Another job to add to the list....