g60van

g60 problems after rebuild

i bought myselfa caddy with a g60 fitted which i was told needed rings the engine was already half stripped so pulled ut the block to discover piston no2 was f****d and no3 had a crack at the gudgeon pin got a rebore done and some new oversize pistons. i built the engine and have had a few issues with water and oil leaks but got them sorted all timing marks are alligned yet car doesnt want to rev and seems to b running rich ive tried adjusting the dizzy but if i put idle at 800 rpm the car wont rev atol but adjust it so it idles around 1000 rpm it will rev but seems to b a bit slow to respond.

i havehad the van out a drive but it doesnt seem to want to rev thers no power and struggles to drive and wen u come to a stop it dies and cuts out but turn the key it fires up straight away but no change in how it drives

ive tried evrywer to get help with this even on the caddy forum wer the guy who originally owned it and the guy who down the conversion 4 years ago but still no help so any help or sugestions would b appreciated as ive spent quite a bit getting this back together and would like to get it on the road

as far as i know the van has

schrick 272 cam

chipped

stage 4 jabbasport charger

ported and polished head

i dont know any history of the van or knowledge of these engines so seen the site while searching for any answers and thot where better to get advice than from people who enjoy these cars

hi mate looks like the timing is out cherk the belt same thing happed to me when i did the belt if head has been skimmed the timing marks r going to be out

hi mate looks like the timing is out cherk the belt same thing happed to me when i did the belt if head has been skimmed the timing marks r going to be out

Do u have any idea if I should advance or retard it bn asking about this evrywer and bn told tht the marks would always remain the same but can mind from the Astra Sri turbo I rebuilt from a freand I had to retard the timing just because I used Vxr cams ino it ain't a Vw but all engines work in the same way

Timing marks will always be the same if you have had it skimmed or not but sounds to me like your pulley for the on the Cambelt side is 180 degrees out that pulley has 2 dots on it exactly 180 degrees apart that dot should mark up with the crank pulley but because there are 2 dots you could have got confused try turning the ignition pulley 180 dude