vanilla gorilla

hunting idle and really high idle

got a new to me 90 g60 with 115k on the clock. the car is going to be something of a project but the engine runs great except it really hunts for idle (up and down between 1500 and 2000k) all the time. and it revs over 3000k upon startup for a bit.

i tried cleaning out the isv and it didnt solve it. but i disconnected the wiring harness and it smoothed right out. what does that indicate? bad valve or bad wiring? any help would be greatly appreciated.

also the car runs pretty cold. just wondering what the most likely culprit is.....thermostat or temp sensor somewhere?

If the ISV is out of tolerence, no amount of cleaning will help tbh. If you can get your hands on a known good one from someone local (all engine types use the same iirc), swap it out and see if it cures it. As far as the water temps go, does it get to temperature when stationary, then go down when in motion, or is it constantly low? If its constantly low, then thats more likely to be a sensor problem. Otherwise its more likely to be the stat. Might be worth changing the stat anyway if you have no history of it being done, as they are pretty common problems.

well i cleaned up the valve and it actually seemed to work well. problem is i took the kids for a fun little drive and the car stalled out and now wont start. it seems to have spark so i dont know if i have a fuel delivery issue or not. my corrado experience is getting off on the wrong foot :bonk: