jeffrado

is my g60 suppose to be blowing air out of the throttle body??

so I've haven't had my g60 long but I've noticed its blowing air out of the throttle body, there is a blanking plate on my charger so pressume there was once a pipe joining these two together?? is this normal or does the throttle body need to be blanked off too??cheers

Originally there would have been a platic pipe connector throttle body to the charger. Excess boost would be diverted back to the charger, picking up crankcase oil vapours, too, thus aiding lubrication of the charger.

A common mod is to remove all of this. Personally not a fan of this mod. if you wanted to restore to original, you'd need the pipe between throttle body and charger.

See here: 3engine.jpg

Tempest

This is a bit of a mute point...

Some say there is an improvement others don't.

Removing the pipe does force the charger to only draw cold air through the air box.

Pros- charger runs noticeably cooler and the venting makes a cool noise.

Cons- the oil from the TB isn't going back into the charger to lube it, so you should use PTFE spray directly into the charger every 2k miles.

ok thanks for the advice, also is it a myth that the superchargers run dry on tick over as a friend of mine told me that & my concern is that it ticks over really low like 500rpm not sure if it needs to be adjusted?

ok thanks for the advice, also is it a myth that the superchargers run dry on tick over as a friend of mine told me that & my concern is that it ticks over really low like 500rpm not sure if it needs to be adjusted?

Idle speed should by 800 rpm on a G60 but you need to tweak the CO at the same time as well as making sure you are in the correct ECU setting mode prior to doing either.

I've had a look at a g60 this week and that has the blanking plate as mentioned above. If I'm going to leave the plate on do I remove the air filter pope and spray the ptfe spray up there?

Yes, ideally open both the filter and blanked side of the charger and spray into each side for about 3 seconds with the engine running.