JimVR6

Hello

Hello I recently took possession of a 1993 Corrado VR6 in a metallic blue color (not sure of the correct name, what could it be?) The car is pretty much stock and has the full black leather interior. It's done a whopping 165k miles but still drives very, very well. It seems to have some unknown adjustable struts. It has some anthracite speedlines in very good condition too.

Few questions;

The spoiler does rise and go down manually no problem but doesn't seem to do it automatically? Is there a way to get it do to it automatically?

How difficult is the rocker cover gasket? I've ordered a new one as mine is seeping but it looks like an inlet manifold off job?

I have a few plans for the car, initially just change the leaking gasket, give the car a full valet and then do an oil & filter change. I want to pick up an exhaust when funds allow because the stock system is surprisingly quiet! (Still pops a lot)

I'll update with some pictures once shes washes and looking half decent.

Jim.

Welcome along...

Blue - very likely to be aqua pearl. Have a look in the boot for a sticker which will have a code on it, something like LC5V..

I think the spoiler is controlled by a box in the dash that does the speed activation, common fault, have a search about and I'm sure you'll find some info..

The rocker cover is easy, the inlet mani needs to come off. There are 2 types of rocker, metal or plastic and the gasket is specific to each so make sure you get the right one...

Oh I ordered one from GSF, hopefully its the right one.. pretty sure it's metal and the gasket looks rubbery. Just ordered 6 litres of 5w-40 fully synthetic and new air/oil filters. Thats my few days off next week sorted..

I'll go check the colour code now because im curious!

Edit: Yes it is aqua pearl. common colour?

Edited by JimVR6

Same colour as mine :) the best colour imo ;) not sure if its common or not really! May call for a 'what colours your corrado' thread......lol

I'll go check the colour code now because im curious!

Edit: Yes it is aqua pearl. common colour?

If it's LC5V, that's not aqua blue. Aqua blue is LC5U.

Yes it is the U. Changed the oil today, struggled massively with the filter, it just wouldn't budge. Will have to grab the proper tool at some point. Managed to sheer a bloody inlet manifold bolt off clean attempting to do the rocker cover gasket. It isn't leaking by the looks of it, may have to ask the local garage to tap it out for me. Oops!

If you get manifold off you will have a small amount of thread sticking out from the snapped bolt.

Worth soaking bolts with plusgas a day before you plan to undo them. Really seemed to help on mine.

Yeah I'll tackle it another day it was frustrating me a bit to be honest. The others are allen/hex aren't they? Is it necessary to remove the front end to get better access? Cheers

Yeah I'll tackle it another day it was frustrating me a bit to be honest. The others are allen/hex aren't they? Is it necessary to remove the front end to get better access? Cheers

It can help but I have done it by just undoing the front engine mount and jacking the engine up a bit to make more access.

Cheers. It does look fairly difficult really.. ugh. Just need to work out why my dash lights are really dim now and why my spoiler only works manually. Fun.