Rob_B

Wireless home audio

Looking into installing some audio around the house and am looking for some recommendations.

Wireless technology is the way I want to go. I have been looking at the sonos equipment which seems to be ideal to be honest. Although I'm open to other suggestions.

Has anyone got any experience with this stuff?

Thanks in advance

The Sonos stuff is sonically up there with the best of them, but it's not cheap.

Or there's plenty of cheaper ways to do it. It just depends on your sound quality expectations!

In a bag.

Plus an egg.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

I want it to sound half decent! I did like the sound of the sonos stuff, but it isn't cheap like you say. I don't need it to sound any better than that though, work has wrecked my hearing!

Are you running anything like that then Kev?

No not yet mate. I was going to but my house is for sale, so I'll save it for my next gaff!

At the moment I just use Apple TV and my AV amp to stream music around the place :D

That's all I'm doing at the moment, but I want to extend that further in my new house.

I think the sonos could be the cheapest solution for me with its slick interface and wireless capability. I would get expensive though if you start to introduce different audio sources and speakers.

Something I have been thinking about once my extension is finished. I have had some hidden wiring put in to connect surround speakers in my new living area, but am tempted to extend to other areas of the house with wireless.

My concern is phasing with some of it though, can you mix wired/wireless?

Jay

Jay, with the sonos stuff I think it can be wired or wireless and should all work in sync if you want it to regardless of how it is connected. That's what I understand anyway!

Someone needs to be a guinea pig and see how well it works!