Rumpsteak94

Overheating Problem

Hi guys.

Pulled my car off the drive earlier to Hoover it out and give it a quick rinse. I left it running for around 15mins and the temp went upto 110. I turned it off and the header tank was bubbling when I cracked the cap off and the tank is leaking. Going to get a new tank from somewhere, any suggestions to do after I change it

Cheers

Aid

looking at the tank earlier when its running and its seems to be leaking from the half seal, got a replacement one so i'll chuck it on tomorrow and run it up and see if its any good.

Also do you or anyone know how to wire the fan up to be constant/switchable

cheers

Aid

there is an overflow on the side of the tank.i thought mine had split but it was coming out of there,its under the black plastic cover

yeah mate thats what lilfuzzer told me, ive just been up and bought a tank off him, i pulled the black cover away from the tank and didnt seem anything to be flowing out, the top half of the tanks dry but ****ing out the middle dripping down to the bottom. got to be the problem i think. soon be sorted

yer worth a try.get all the cheap bits 1st.mine was bursting stuff due to high pressure.is the cap hard to undo ,i had to use big grips on mine when the car had been running.i couldnt undo it by hand

the cap cracked off straight away, wasnt hard to get off like, if its not that, i'll get the thermostat out and test it, only a few quid for a new one like, check all the pipes, looks as if its already had a new rad if not a new core. fingerscrossed

sorted whooop

changed the tank, checked the hoses. took it out let it run up for around half an hour, temp didnt go past 90.

yeah it has the blue cap on.