sancho

Hi There

After a few years away i'm in the market for VW Corrado. My first car was a golf gti 8v and 12 years down the line i still have it, but as so much has been spent it only comes out in the summer. So after spending a few years behind the wheel of a diesel Renault i feel the need to cleanse my soul.

So reason i'm here is to link up with people who know these vehicles and hopefully seek some advice about the different models, as i'm kind of torn between a 16v and a vr6. The car will be doing around 180 miles per week to and from university (yes i'm a student i hate me to) so fuel economy would be helpful but more importantly i want to put the fun back into driving :)

Any advice out there as to what i should be looking for or at.

Thanks all Karl

Welcome chap.

When my 16v was my only car I was getting an average about 33mpg. 160 miles a week cruising at mostly legal speeds on dual carriageway and a few more ragging B road miles at the weekend. Sometimes I wish it were a VR6 but I love it all the same, it just seems a bit wrong that me Volvo estate is faster (in a straight line)

How about a VR6 with lpg? Beats a diesel anyday.

i test drove one last week end and despite being a bit of a mess i thought my Mk2 golf at standard was faster :( just been discussing this in another thread and the advice is really helping me out :) thank you all :)