Sign in to follow this  
rmn

Coilovers

I need coilovers and poly bushes for my 92 g60

Just wondering on the recomendations people have or them and suppliers

I have Koni coilovers in my golf vr6 and they are great, but a bit on the expencive side

I know the fk konisport is the same damper in an fk spring and they are supposed to be very good too.

Just really wondering on who got a good deal from where?

Also with poly bushes for the car, where is good for them

Thanks

If you can find them, I highly recommend SACHS Coilovers. Softer ride than H&R coilovers more controlled than H&R Sport springs/Koni adjustables....and alot smoother than H&R Race/Bilstein Sports. I cant compare them to anything else though. :(

Do not use Bonrath polly bushes, they are very very firm, very very expensive and are all one piece items so are a complete pig to fit. The powerflex ones are pretty good but not cheap. The bugpack ones are the cheapest (by a long way) but are a bit firmer/harsher than the powerflex ones. If you use the car a lot and can afford it then go for the powerflex ones.

I can't afford it and don't use the car much and have bug pack items on my G60 which seem fine.

Do not use Bonrath polly bushes, they are very very firm, very very expensive and are all one piece items so are a complete pig to fit.

thats a bit of an extreme statement?? They are a bit tricky to fit....i made the small wishbone bush a 2 piece item in order to get it in! They are firm, but if thats what you want - tight suspension with no silly unknowns and odd squidges. I have them on my car, with Leda adjustable coilovers - these alow you to adjust rebound and dampening in one adjustment, unlike some other single adjustable struts which are rebound or dampening only. I have absoloutly no complaints with my set up. I have not uprated the ARB, and dont intend to until i give the car some serious stick on the track to see what gives!

I had thought about the bonrath and powerflex poly bushes.

I wont be using the car as a daily driver, but will be driving it enthusiasticly! :lol:

I do want reasonably solid, no movements like i have at the moment!

With the coilovers, who has what?

I cant fault my Leda kit in any way, they are made well, have camber adjustment mech built into the front brackets, (to allow further adjustment than with the normal two bolts)

Leda Website

All the struts are nickel plated and built to your specifications - so you do have to wait about 4-6 weeks for them. Club GTi get 15% discount too....which i never claimed :cry:

A little more than i had planned to spend, but they seem fairly excellent!

Can always hope for a lottery win! :|

A little more than i had planned to spend, but they seem fairly excellent!

Can always hope for a lottery win! :|

if you can and of course if you are going........try and wait til Inters......that way you should pick up suspension kits a bit cheaper than normal.......i scored last year with my Koni coilovers........not cheap at £650 but still better than the £700 best price at the time :wink:

Will have to try and get there, i have found some good prices at the moment!

Well the Leda one looks fantastic, just a little too much at the moment.

I hvae Koni's in my Golf VR6 and find them great, and i know the fk use a koni insert

I am waiting on some prices on H&R, cant find anyone who does sachs ones.

As for the poly bushes, i think its gona be powerflex or bonrath, where did you get the bonrath ones from?

Then Elbrach ARB's!

I want a car that does the twisty stuff, and is track usable!

We have all had "moments" with dodgy suspension setups! :shock:

Know what i mean! :lol:

thats a bit of an extreme statement??

Fair point, and if you have found them ok then that's cool. I just remember that they were a lot more expensive than any of the other sets available at the time (I might have just been done on the price), and I had to machine up a conical "applicator" for each of the bushes in order to push them into place with the aid of the machine shop lathe :x (crude I know but I don't have a press). The powerflex ones on the other hand are mostly two piece and so fit a lot easier.

I should have just cut them in half ! ! ! and saved myself the effort but I couldn't pull myself to take a knife to them after selling my soul to pay for them.

On the flip side, they did work nicely when on the limit round a track :D :D