acjmetalman1

Instructions for bleeding brakes

I'm blled the brakes today on my vr. iv never dont this before som I was hoping somebody could write me a simple instruction manual on how to do this correctly so i can print it off and take it out with me.

I did see this but I'm not sure if any of it is accurate as I'v not seen it mentioned before

http://www.corrado-club.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?p=98987

3rd post from the top by Dennis. He mentions the brakes on a corrado can be bled in any order and that you can't leave the rear axle hong or no fluid will come through and that the rear brake can be bled on their own with the ignition on?

Also I understand I'm supposed to bleed the ABS and the master cylinder. How and when do I bleed them? before or after the brakes?

Thanks for any help.

Gunsons ezzebleed is the way to go mate bled them by pumping the brakes but still felt spongy so easybled them and all was well..you should do master cylinder first then ns rear os rear ns front then os front then do the abs ones theres two on the pump. Cable tie the brake bias valve up towards the axle flows far better on the rear

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ok i should have waited for a reply before riding to hafords to get a standered bleed kit lol guess i'll have to do it the old fashioned way. thanks for the info.

Did you read the post from that other site? is any of that true? especially the part about turning the engine on, opening the bleed valve and the rear brakes bleed them self as the system primes?

There's a bleed nipple on it, just open it up with the Eezibleed attached but be careful not to spill fluid on the paint.

Do this last after bleeding all 4 corners - should bring the pedal feel back

Aren't you supposed to start at the furthest away from the master cylinder, then work back to the closest and then presumably the master cylinder itself?

^ Yep. Furthest to nearest is the general rule.

----------

Sent from iPhone 4S via Tapatalk while on the crapper

in theory the the os rear is the furthest away as the brakelines travel to the bias valve on the ns thus making it the longest brake line!?

I bled mine today the old way with my home made bleed bottle and they are felling lush :)

May i add i dont have abs!