vcl

Longlife Exhausts

Hi. Hope you don't mind me joining the discussion. I look after all of the Longlife Franchises and as such keep an eye on the forums to see what's been discussed about us.

I'm really pleased to see that some of you have had some positive experiences with our various Franchisees. Certainly the ones who have been mentioned - Bicester, Bristol and Leeds will all do a great job for you. With regard to the Bristol depot, I saw that someone had a couple of issues with the manager. I'd just like to point out that the depot changed hands earlier this year. Same fitter, just a different company owning and running it so I hope that your previous experience won't put you off.

Back to the point of me replying, Neil in the Taunton depot is a great guy who takes extreme care both with his work and his customer service. I'd recommend that the original poster pop down and have a look at his work before you make any decisions on where to spend your hard earned money. I can assure you you'll be most impressed with him and his attention to detail.

Finally, if anybody ever has any feedback about any of our franchisees, good or bad, i'll always listen and help where needed.

Kind Regards

Jason - Longlife

With regard to the Bristol depot, I saw that someone had a couple of issues with the manager. I'd just like to point out that the depot changed hands earlier this year. Same fitter, just a different company owning and running it so I hope that your previous experience won't put you off.

That would be me ;) Thanks mate- good to know. As I said before, the quality of workmanship was excellent, so will now use them again, I'm sure 8)

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forum.

I've dealt with the Swansea franchise but the service put me off buying. Too pushy and when I said I could get a better price from another franchise I was told I couldn't buy a longlife elsewhere due to my home postcode. I laughed and left.

Edited by Pete

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forum.

I've dealt with the Swansea franchise but the service put me off buying. Too pushy and when I said I could get a better price from another franchise I was told I couldn't buy a longlife elsewhere due to my home postcode. I laughed and left.

Oh sorry to hear that Pete. I know the owners in Swansea are fiercely protective of their territory but to say you are unable to go to your franchise of choice is not correct. The only thing I expect of my Franchisees in that regard is if someone calls a depot for a quote and there is another franchisee closer to their home postcode, they should make the caller aware of it - all about giving choice as far as i'm concerned.

I shall raise the issue with the Swansea depot as if they've put one customer off they may have done the same with others and that's not what we want at the end of the day. Thank you for bringing it to my attention though.

Regards

Jason

Oh sorry to hear that Pete. I know the owners in Swansea are fiercely protective of their territory but to say you are unable to go to your franchise of choice is not correct. The only thing I expect of my Franchisees in that regard is if someone calls a depot for a quote and there is another franchisee closer to their home postcode, they should make the caller aware of it - all about giving choice as far as i'm concerned.

I shall raise the issue with the Swansea depot as if they've put one customer off they may have done the same with others and that's not what we want at the end of the day. Thank you for bringing it to my attention though.

Regards

Jason

Not bothered for you to raise to be honest its just for info, but I won't use them.

Pete.

Another initial recommendation for Infinity from me. They appear to have done a very nice job with the welds, it all looks very neat and tidy. Also did a nice job positioning the tail pipe so it comes through the bumper at a nice angle. Looks very smart and subtle. Good noise as well, although it's still got a hundred miles or so before it fully settles down, and it does feel liek the engine is a bit more responsive. I'll try and get a picture up at some point.

I also looked at Neil at Longlife in Taunton and my impression is that he would also do a very good job. Was knowledgable, and clearly takes pride and care in his work. Would have been more than happy to go there as well, but they were very booked up, and as it was an urgent MOT requirement my choice was made for me.

Infinity cost £280 for a cat-back system, which was £50 less than they quoted, and £50 less than Longlife as well so that was a bonus.