JimVR6

Rear number plate holder

My black rear number plate holder/bracket has come off, and there is an age of horrible double sided sticky tape and two large velcro pads that have lost their stickiness remaining. Is this usually held on by clips? Not sure if some previous owner has done this mess themselves or what. Either way it will not secure back on and before I set about spending hours tearing the old glue off I was wondering if there are clips available online or anywhere?

Thanks.

They have the "sticky" tape on the bottom edge,then they have a moulded plastic fastener/bolt (see pic)

Over time "bolt" breaks hence the Velcro

u2y8a5ym.jpg

Are you referring to the four little grommets? Yeah those look pretty broke/worn on mine. Looks like I'll have to painstakingly peel all the old glue off the old velcro pads and buy some more. Not hard work, just annoying.

Oh well I've definitely lost them. They're just pretty bust up points. I'll get hold of some velcro pads on Monday. Just wish I could remove the old ones quicker. WD40 does it, slowly.