diarmaid16

Potential Purchase

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201233481801288/sort/default/usedcars/model/corrado/make/volkswagen/onesearchad/used/quicksearch/true/radius/1500/page/1/postcode/pa48be?logcode=p

Anyone know anything about the history of this corrado or anything about the dealer?

I'd just like to know anything bad about it now as it's about 400 miles away!

Cheers

Sorry don't know about the car or dealer. But it doesn't look the best example for an 800 mile round. Not a desirable colour. The seats look in poor condition (quite ripped drivers side bolster), lots of stone chips and a dent in the bonnet and the rear offside has taken a bump at the back (warped rear bumper and ripples on the rear area by the badge). There's a possible split in the dash just below and left of the head unit too, although that could just be a trick of the light. From the pics and a quick look around streetview it seems to be a small private trader too so I doubt there would be much in the way of support if you have problems.

What is it about this particular one that makes you want an 800 mile round trip?

You're observant! I love this colour and estorils are the nicest wheel imo. And I prefer grey interiors.

Didnt notice those imperfections you mentioned though. It is a long distance. Just doesn't seem to be many 2.0 16v for sale these days.

Didn't mean to offend about the colour but some people don't like that shade of green or the grey interior. It's personal preference of course. I like green myself. Yes I love the wheels. But the dents would put me off if it was such a long way to travel.

EDIT: Found a couple of other issues on a second look: Cracked front splitter (drivers side corner and also at the front passenger side) and snapped drivers seat tilt handle. Can't see the passenger tilt handle but as the passenger seat belt doesn't appear to be hooked around the seat it's possible that one is missing too.

Edited by Portent

Not offended at all portent. Didnt intend to sound that way. Glad for the feedback! Just didnt notice those faults.

I'll just have to be patient I suppose until something a lot closer comes up.

That should be i think its pearl green under all that dirt, why didn't he at least clean the car if he wants to sell it ?

As Portent has already expertly evaluated the car, i would just say that its not a great example, keep looking mate you'll turn up trumps soon.

Looks Dragon to me...

I would hold on for something better + nearer, unless you can find a forum member near it to go and have a look for you.

My 2.0 16v is Pearl Green, im colourblind though so if its the same colour as mine then that should answer your question:

2012-07-01_18-25-45_909.jpg

2012-06-30_14-13-11_728.jpg

Mine is also for sale shortly, once ive got a chance to get it MOT'd. Its in immaculate condition compared to the one in your link. Shame your not any closer to have a look.

Rob.

Think it is pearl green. I used to have one. Code was LC6V I think!

Dumpty: Ya, it seems like all the corrados are down south.

Cheers

Dragon was my first thought as well but wasn't that only available on 94 cars?

Guess the car is ok for the money. Nice cheap entry to Corrado ownership and you can save some pennies for repairs.

Personally I'd save/spend more on something a bit more interesting but if it ticks the boxes for you, go for it :)

A key question would be whether there is any damage to the boot floor. It has clearly taken a bump to the rear so this is a possibility.

Sorry to throw something else into the mix but take a look at the line of the sunroof. It's slightly raised on the passenger side but can't have been left slightly open because it sits flush on the drivers side. Not necessarily a major issue but will need adjusting.

:)

You should see how fussy my brother is. He viewed my golf at a main dealer before I went to see it (it was close to him) and spent a couple of hours going over everything. When I turned up a few days later to view it the saleswoman said she'd never seen anyone take a car viewing so seriously as he had.

To be fair though any 19 year old car for £1k should be expected to have multiple faults which need fixing. As you've owned two before you obviously know them well enough. But with such a long distance to travel it is worth being fussy.