Manic Razor

Help Please!! Locked out of my Corrado!!

Hi guys, I'm in a bit of a dilema i've got a '91 corrado g60

But i've been driving my bora as a daily and now the corrado's battery has gone flat.

So the scorpion alarm wont disarm.... and I never thought to check whether the key works in the locks.... it doesn't :oops:

I've got spares, but they're in the bloody car :cuckoo:

I dont really wanna go smashing windows to get in - I know a friend of mine had the same problem and smashed his rear quarter window thinking it would be cheap to replace - big mistake as they're bonded in arent they? turned out to be really expensive

Is there any way I can get to the battery by lifting the front up? Or any method to get the bonnet open without having access to the handle in the car?

I've got a four slat debadged grille on it at the moment which I would be prepared to smash to gain access if I needed - just need to know whether or not its actually do-able before I break something unnecessarily!! Or is there any way to remove the grill without being able to lift the bonnet?

Such a bloody muppet :( Thanks for any help/advice!

I'm on a phone so hard to search and link but I'm sure there is a guide on here for getting the bonnet open when the bonnet cable had snapped. That might help.

Or, does the key work on the boot lock?

hadnt thought of that - thanks!

Just got it sorted, managed to lift the grille enough for the bottom clips to pop out, giving me enough room to get my hand in and pull down on the release cable :)

Battery currently on charge in the house (its raining) - fingers crossed there's nothing wrong with the alarm/locking system when I put the battery in!!!

Many Thanks :D

Could you clip a power supply (e.g. battery charger) to the positive terminal of, say, the alternator or starter motor and power the alarm that way? I'm not sure if these are accessible from underneath on a G60 but might be worth a look.

Edit: beat me to it :) Glad to hear you got it sorted!

/snip.

You'd best remove that mate - helpful as it is to the op, it's not best to have that kind of info easily accessible to anyone ;)

Edited by timmaaah

Haha.

Yeah point taken. Apologies but I thought it was fairly common knowledge that getting into them without a key is pretty simple. I stupidly managed to lock my keys in at one time while washing it reaching through the window to remove my keys from the ignition I inadvertanly managed to press the alarm fob and up the windows came with me hanging through the window. I panicked and pulled my arm out minus the keys. Felt such a tool. Luckily a guy that lived nearby worked for the AA and got me in. I was amazed at how quick he did it. Since then I've had to use the method myself when my battery died completely. The post made me look like a seasoned car thief too lol. Realised that after I had written it. Apologies Mods. Must engage brain before posting next time :)

It's evidently not that common or I wouldn't be kicking myself for checking this thread too late and only seeing the edited version! Then again it took me a couple of months of driving around with no driver's door handle to realise you could reach the locking lever from the outside if you did that :lol:

Normal suggestion for flat fob batteries is for you to get under the bonnet (with the standard emergency unlock) and just hook up a cheap small gel-cell to give you enough beans to run the door actuators.

Stone