Rumpsteak94

Central Locking Problem, Headlight Problem

Hi lads

Seems to be a problem with the central locking on my car, working fine till I tried to fill it with petrol, when you unlock it at the drivers door it opens everything but its just opening the driver door only. Tried to disconnect and reconnect the battery as it that sometimes works on other cars but still no good. Anyone got any ideas on this

Also, o/s headlight and foglight doesn't seem to be working aswell. Is this just a case of tracing the wires to see if there's any breaks in the wiring?

Cheers

Aid

Do a search and have a look whats in there Aid , plenty of stuff in there , usual suspects are the wireing in passenger side door , leaks etc . Rob

Hi lads

Seems to be a problem with the central locking on my car, working fine till I tried to fill it with petrol,

What on earth prompted you to try to fill your central locking with petrol?? :)

The reason I asked about the headlight look was because when I installed mine I forgot to connect it to the battery live at forst, and it showed the same symptoms; only one side worked.

And yes - why did you fill the central locking with petrol?????

There's a thread I found on another forum where someone has a similar, but non-petrol related, problems and how he solved it (checked fuse 14, door microswitches and eventually the drivers side pump):

http://www.corrado-club.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?p=98468

hi lads, been a busy to reply quickly, the locking system was working until i went to the petrol station and tried to open the fuel flap and then remove the filler cap then stick the nozzle in then pull the triggger to fill the tank hahah ;)

been told it might be the pump in the boot? might have to strip it out and check it out

cheers lads