Sign in to follow this  
Heardy

G60 Spec

I'm thinking about buying a Corrado G60 when i sell my mk3 VR my question is was there a g60 with the later spec interior trim? it's just that i used to have a 93 C VR6 and i prefer the later trim to the earlier stuff.

Cheers Jason

I'm pretty sure that the answer to that is no.

Think the crossover period was just after the G60 was finished and the VR6 was being introduced..

no G60 from the factory will have the newer interior(unless retro-fitted).......cos even very early VR6's had the older style layout and so too.....as andyvr6 pointed out to me last year.........did the early 2.0 16v

Cheer's for that !

One other thing i've got some Corrado body panels and i'm wanting to know if there's a difference with a VR6 bonnet or not if so how do i tell?

VR6 bonnet is the ___------___ (always wanted to draw that!) shaped one to fit the bigger engine. This is also fitted to later corrados of all engine/spec.

The older early style is the ----____----- one.

Both bonnets fit any age but early won't be good with VR6 so take your pic :)

I prefer older :mrgreen:

Nope they didn't do the G60 with the updated interior. I have a 92 G60 on a K plate - That's about as late as you can get, hence the reason why my old man got a great discount when he bought it new from the garage all those years ago!!

A very small number of G60s were not registered until early 1993 so it is also possible to get a '93 K reg but even these do still have the early interior. Many people say that the earlier style dash is more robust than the later model, which does seem rather brittle, even though it does look a bit more modern and with slightly better ergonomics :wink: