Jonesy

G60 supercharger

Hi all, right ive had this thing for ages and i don't think I'm ever going to need it!

G60 supercharger, bought it off my mate when he scrapped his car in 2005! Lol and has been sat in my cupboard ever since, so has not been exposed to weather or anything so still works freely :)

It's got a JBS stamp from 18.01.02 and came off the car in 2005,I don't know what miles it did during that time, would probably be worth getting it recond for piece of mind.

I don't know about price but i'll start at 300, and feel free to ask questions and make offer :)

Cheers

Seems a good price for someone - will need a refurb before it goes on a car just for peace of mind but should sell fairly painlessly at that price :)

Really Jim ? By the time you've sent it away and spent a minimum £250/300 +shipping on a rebuild its not that good ! If however there was some documentation to suggest it had already had some porting etc (stg4 or RS or similar) done and had a smaller pulley then it may well be ok but for a std charger after a rebuild I wouldnt agree

Well given that buying a new one, if you could find it, would run you over a grand I thought it seemed pretty fair :|

So that's about 1200 quid for a new one, and if someone were to go stage 4 jabba do it for like 400 making 700 for an uprated one . I think its a fair price :) hopefully some one is in need of it! Lol .

I'll try and get a few pics up later!

New ones would be warrantied, who knows how many miles this one would have on it or previous rebuild history, or whether the internals are good ? They are NOT rare, there maybe less in the UK but they are by no means rare, maybe this forum is just predominantly for VR's ! I've seen them with paperwork that don't need a rebuild for £450/500. Personally I wouldn't pay more than 200 for something with an unknown past to much of a gamble. As for the £1200 figure you could buy a heathly used Lysholm for less than that ! I know I did :)

So that's about 1200 quid for a new one, and if someone were to go stage 4 jabba do it for like 400 making 700 for an uprated one . I think its a fair price :) hopefully some one is in need of it! Lol .

I'll try and get a few pics up later!

To me it all depends on the paperwork and if you offer a money back if its scrap inside when its stripped for refurb id be alot happier otherwise it could be dead money

otherwise £300 plus a stage 4 refurb from jabba (being as G werks is dead) £440 so your looking at £740 plus postage against brand new ones from germany for £980

Hence why paperwork is the key !!!

stu ..

Your a happy fella ain't u

---------- Post added at 2:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:31 PM ----------

Ok well another option is if I were to get it rebuilt if some one wants it and they can have that paper work? Obviously a higher price...

It's still cheaper to have an uprated one then a standard one. If my maths is correct :p

Anyway, no more arguing. If your interested, let me know :)

I could do that.. are u interested in buying it?

Maybe he is - maybe not - but it shut his piehole for a while :thumbleft:

I was looking for a G-Lader a few years ago, eventually sourced a new one through G-Werks after 8-12 weeks of looking, unless G60 CS is interested in buying - I'd tell him to F-of

Id say its definately worth either opening it up yourself or sending it away to the likes of jabbasport (costs around £25) for them to inspect it. This way everybody knows where they stand. If its a good unit then its worth £300 all day long. Without any form of inspection it could be scrap and its an expensive gamble.