Mark261288

HI, undertaken a vr6 project

Hi all.

Ive just bought my self a 1995 raddo vr6 project the car is a none runner and has been stood for 4 years. It apparently requires a headgasket and a heater matrix but im yet to strip it all down.... I love corrado's and have always wanted one. The plan is to fully restore it and use it as a weekend toy. It might even get a run to the Nurgurgring next year depending on how it all goes.. Its a dragon green car and its in pretty good condition considering.

Its got a list of other faults that ill be trying to fix so i may be on here quite a bit.

Good stuff :) Welcome aboard!

Head gasket and heater matrix are both fairly easy but just very time consuming... good luck with it all :)

Another one rescued rather than stripped for profit , good effort fella !

You will find lots of useful info and helpful guys on here.

Well done for saving her , as above , this is a great forum with alot of very knowledgeable people, some of the stuff done to our beloved corrado on here is amazing , they end up finished and looking cleaner than when they came off the production line . Good luck with your rado .

I picked it up from a local guy who had owned it for the past 12 years. its got a full vw service history from new and its only a 2 owner car. He had three corrado vr6's and the story goes:

he owned this one for years and did over 110k in it. (shell is on 180k now). It then started playing up so he parked it up and bought another low milage one. He then had a bump in his new one that was only on 105k and it was written off. He bought it back and got the engine/gear box etc all swapped over. Then the heater matrix started leaking so he parked it on his drive and bought another low milage one That he still uses now. This car then sat on his drive for the next 4.5 years until i came across it. its surprisingly clean apart from a few rust bubbles on the front edge of the bonnet and a scuff on the rear wheel arch.

here are some pics. ( first time uploading so im not sure if they will work.)

sat on his drive: (google map photo)

IMG_0745.jpg

on my drive after three washes and a polish:

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

everything works apart from:

the passenger door wont unlock/window wont open.

The fuel pump is seized.

the heater matrix is knackered.

The last owner suspected a faulty head gasket but the oil looks free from coolent so ill find out more once i get it started..

Thanks for all the positive comments, its got a stack of receipts and it had £1200 spent on it just before it was laid up so thats all good.

Edited by Mark261288