dil

Focal 130 k2 - opinions?

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience of these speakers or could recommend an equivalent component.

Thanks

Dil

I find Focals a bit light in the bass department, especially when doing a like for like swap (in tems of size) Stepping up to 6" with some door pods will bring about a much bigger improvement.

Get spoonfed tuning speaker pods as its the only proper way to mount speakers (ie to the metal) or make some yourself.

The focals are good but I've only heard the 6.5" version. The tweeter is tiring though IMO.

My money would buy cdt eurosports all day long!

The cdt's will beat down the focals in every aspect especially sq IMO as the tweeters are much nicer.

Sq is subjective though.

Regarding that package, it's ok. But really there's no point in buying 1k worth of kit and simply chucking it in. Really you want to spend another couple hundred on sound deadening and decent cables (at a minimum deaden the doors fully, if possible roof, boot, and rear quarters/arches too) and spend whatever it costs mounting the mids to the doors rather then the doorcards.

Up to you how you tackle it. You can blow 500 on components up front and mount to the doorcards and be on your way but I can guarantee you you'll be dissapointed as it'll still sound worse then a modern day OEM system (other then the detail the tweeters provide).

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

For some reason I can't edit my last post but that's all old gear btw. You can buy all that lot second hand for way less then half the price.

Rainbows are a bit hit and miss. I've never got good results from them.

Honestly mate, a £270 sub in a prefab box will sound as good as a £50 JBL in a custom box built to spec. Same goes for the £450 components.

Edited by Abdul

Abdul in your experience which of the cdt speakers would you partner with Dls A5.

I'm struggling to find info on CDT in the UK.......

The SEAS Lotus reference are the best 6.5" components I've heard, by a country mile. You may be able to get a used set on the TalkAudio classifieds. They're not cheap new!

Rainbows as Abdul says, aren't all that unless you go for their high end stuff.

I quite like the JL Audio ZR650-CSi. RRP is £600ish on those but I've seen them for £350ish on the bay.

A blatant plug, but I have a nice JL 12" sub in a JL slot ported cabinet and a JL 4 channel amp up for grabs if you're interested? New and never used :D Only reason for sale is I no longer have a Corrado or a car worth putting it in.

Hey Dil, email cdt In the us. I know they changed distro recently so not sure who the current distro is.

If you've got the cash you have to get the eurosport's. the hd series is good too but the euro's are just better. There about £400 ish new.

The lotus' are a damn nice speaker but the thing is generally speaking IMO the better the speaker (read more expensive lol) the more install work it'll require to get the best of it in terms of mounting, aiming, time alignment etc. That's the main reason I love the cdt's, with minimal work in terms of aiming they sound sh*t hot.

I'm dropping you a pm.

Edited by Abdul