ausgolfer

Windscreen not wiped by wiper blade. Drivers side

Hello all. As the title states am having the issue of my screen not getting wiped...it's a brand new screen with brand new lupo Gti wiper arms/blades.

Is there a possibility my wiper mechanism is bent? This was happening with the old screen and blades also. Not 100% keen on bending the brand new lupo arm so that there's more pressure on the blade. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The TT arms work a bit better but sounds like there is another problem...

Is it a genuine or Sekurit screen? just Pilkington screens are renowned for being too flat for the wipers

Any play in the wiper mech - ie if you touch one arm does the other move at the same time (as it should)

I have a (similar) problem on a newly acquired Corrado...does not clear a small section in the middle of the screen (doesn't affect visibility - but annoying). Standard arms with what looks like Halford's blades. Arms look as though they have been bent at some point. I will have a look around the windscreen to see if I can tell what make it is.

As Supercharged has said, check that the wiper mechanism is in good order. The cranks and levers are rivetted together and eventually slack develops; the result is that the arms do not get pulled onto the screen properly. Also, there is a rubber grommet under the bolt that holds the wiper motor onto the mechanism; this gets perished and reduces the tension of the armsby being too flexible.

It's easy to get the mechanism out. Take off the wiper arms and undo the large retaining nuts and various spacers on the spindles, making a careful note of which order they come off. Undo the bolt in the area of the wiper motor and the whole mechanism and its support frame can be jiggled out. The rivetted joints are the most likely to be worn; on mine, I drilled out the rivets and replaced with appropriately sized bolts with Nylok nuts. Say goodbye to wayward wiper misery.

Best wishes

RB