Roger Blassberg

Diavia Aircon

My car was sitting around for a couple of years and so obviously the aircon wasn't used during that time.

I recently had the system recharged, it was practically empty of refrigerant. It seems to have leaked out in just a few weeks.

Has anyone any comments to make on the most likely leak points. The new fluid included a dye but I can't see any obvious indications of leaks.

Has anyone had their compressor rebuilt and/or replacement hoses fabricated? If so please recommend a reputable company. Are the dryers available on the market fairly interchangeable?

Thanks

RB

Hi Roger. The dye will be visible under UV light but there will be loads of potential places, not least the evaporator at the front.

I went to Alpinair in Park Royal to look at mine before. They're quite good and reasonably priced, but of course a bit far from you. Sam is the guy who runs the place. I'll send you some details if you're thinking of going there - not to far from Greenford.

Completely forgot about this Roger:

Alpinair

UNIT 7, MANHATTAN BUSINESS PARK, WEST GATE, LONDON W5 1UP

020 8991 0055

Speak to Sam Sihra (he owns the business). I'll call him perhaps Monday to say you'll be in touch if you like.

If you're coming from the A40 side, when you exit the Hanger Lane Giratory, stay in the left lane going towards Harrow as the slip road to their place is literally 20 yards from the lights, which makes you cut in front of the West World biulding, going towards Selco. Go past Selco (on your left) and the industrial units are at the end of the road up the ramp. His is the second on the left (iirc).

Took mine all out recently and noticed a few of the pipes had got rub marks in them. They not routed very well. So could be a leaky pipe.

Or the bit on front of radiator. Black cylinder. That's where I emptied mine and seemed to be the most exposed connections.