robrado974

refitting rear badges

Hi all , about 18 months back i had my car repainted , as well as having the weldlines welded and filled i decided to debadge it as well . I want to refit the badges now ,you know what its like , you do one thing then 2 years later you change it again , i know the holes should be re-drilled but i would crap myself doing this !. I spose the only way would be to let my local painter do it ?. I have two other vr's that are very close to me so getting the measurements would not be a problem , only other way is to stick them on ? but that would look bad wouldn't it ? . Any advice would be appreciated thanks . Rob

The other badges are stuck on! I would stick them on with .8mm thick trim tape and just cut the tabs off of an old Corrado badge, in case you change your mind again! ;]

I put my supercharged badge on with trim tape, and it sits and looks perfect!

The vw badge has the tabs on it , spose if i use the trim tape on that it will be fine , thanks for reply .Another thing , were all corrado script badges colour coded ? or did they come in chrome effect as well, , my vr6 badge is chrome effect , sript is coded , i also have vw badge coded and chrome effect . Rob

Edited by robrado974

The other badges are stuck on! I would stick them on with .8mm thick trim tape and just cut the tabs off of an old Corrado badge, in case you change your mind again! ;]

I put my supercharged badge on with trim tape, and it sits and looks perfect!

That is an excellent idea. I had a rear end respray on mine this year, wanted to keep the badges/original look and didn't get the holes filled. Now, it is just rust waiting to happen again. A stuck on badge is much better

the vw badge is sunk into the rear panel so wont sit flush with just the tabs removed. the corrado badge will be fine.

the only way will be to have another panel sunk back in, but that'll involved welding etc so will be very difficult to get perfect.

other option is to look at any other vw you can think of to see if they did a similar badge not sunk, but i cant think of any :(

Well as i have a spare badge i am going to have a go at cutting the back right off , so i can get it to sit flush .