DANG60

3 inch exhausts

Anybody run a 3 inch exhaust?

I'm after buying one if I can get an off the shelf one, I know there aren't many available.

Reason I want to buy one is I've painted all the underside of my car and its currently upside down on a spit, so if I can get one ill fit it while my car is like this then I would much prefer it as I can take my time fitting it rather than some custom place clattering about underneath it.

I've seen this one http://www.mandrelbendingsolutions.com/servlet/the-762/SS-Corrado-3%22-Bolt-dsh-on/Detail

But I believe the stainless isn't as good a quality as t304 that the jetex's etc are made of.

I know you can buy the jetex parts to build your own, but I'm sure that could be a steep learning curve lol

Thanks

Edited by DANG60

dont know much about exahaust sizeing but i do know as above, it effects performance and bigger isnt allways better, my vr6 came with a crappy exahuast with a stupid subaru style 4" drian pipe back box, running wise i didnt know any better as i had never driven a vr before that,i brought a new miltek exhaust system and blady hell! was the best £400 i had spent on the car! felt alot quicker! and the throttle response was so crisp!!! it realy was like driveing a different car, so make sure you get it right bud

I've a 2.5 inch exhaust on my 1.8t which is approaching the 300 bhp mark and it flows great so anything over 2.75 inch is way overkill unless your running r32 turbo or similar. Bigger exhausts kill torque and flow especially mid-range on a NA engine as stated above. Leave the 3 inch exhausts to fiesta and corsa boys who don't have a clue about proper engine tuning

Cheers guys, appreciate what your saying, car will hopefully be in the region of 380 to 400 bhp with perhaps room for a touch more, engine is a 20vt. I believe 3 inch would be the way to go from what I've read etc.