robrado974

sorry for new post about badges but ...

Cant remember how to edit title [numpty] ,no bollockins please mods !. one more question , did all badges come in either chrome effect , or colour coded, or a bit of both ?. I have a mixture of both at home . Been looking at our lovely cars in the gallery but still dont know whats oem or changed . looked at brochures on ebay but they only show the front not the rear and my brochure of the rado is at my mums in the loft atm . Thanks Rob

it is my impression that early cars had body colour rear badges, whereas later cars had the brushed aluminium type badges. Not sure what the switch over date would be, most likely when the significant model changes were made in 92/93? I am sure someone will be along in a minute to give you the exact details. I recently ordered a Corrado script badge from the local Stealer and it came in black primer. I had a rear end respray and so just did it in the body colour, with the VR6 left as original.

To change the title, go to edit post, then advanced ;)

Yep, the chrome scripts/grille badges etc appeared in around 1993, a year or so after the facelift. Hence a lot of earlier VR6s have colour coded scripts and red VR6 badges etc :)

Thanks for help guys , right i will be om the lookout for red vr6 badge as the one that was on there was chrome , my corrado badge is broken so will need that one too , at least my vw one is colour coded

Thanks for help guys , right i will be om the lookout for red vr6 badge as the one that was on there was chrome , my corrado badge is broken so will need that one too , at least my vw one is colour coded

Red Vr badge like hens teeth and the chrome script are long obsolete

Found my brochure !, and obviously agree with cazza and bill , lucky i have a chrome rear vw badge , Found a corrado script on fleebay for a tenner , and i know someone who has a red vr badge ,if its gone i will get my chrome one painted , thanks again Rob

Don't paint the chrome one bud, they're hard to find in decent nick now. You can get a new primered one from TPS for less than £15. A good chrome one will be worth far more than this.