Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Quick alloys question...

Sorry about this. Used the search but couldn't find any information to help me out.

How well would these fit on a Corrado?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... gory=65261

ET15 sets alarm bells off but I can't think why... I have no idea what all the different ET's and stuff mean i'm afraid :( Feel free to point and laugh, etc.

The smaller the ET number, the closer the mounting face is to the centre-line of the wheel.

For a given wheel width, a lower number will mean that the wheel will stick out more.

ET15 may foul the arches...

jim these will foul std archs there the same size as the rims lee had on it when you went to look at the car.... you would be better off with 71/2" x 16" et25mm imho..

Ok cool - I wasn't actually looking to buy those 'just like that' but I did think how cool they looked. I'll bear those numbers in mind mate - as I say, I find all the different numbers and measurements a bit of a minefield with alloy wheels! :(

Just starting to come around to a slight Euro look now - not DEEP but, deeper than normal kinda thing. Should have kept those Borbet T's the car had and got the arches rolled!!

Hi Jim,

My wheels are Borbet B's, 9 x 16" with ET15 offset and as Darren says they foul the standard arches, fronts not too bad but rears pretty bad, get arches rolled and job done, 8)

Cheers,

BigEastsideVWG60

Some very similar to G60 BBS standard wheels, but off a BMW instead which seem to fill the arches a little better.

I just wouldn't mind some aftermarket wheels.. and i'd prefer 16's as they just more suited to the Corrado :)