james153

Leather refurbishment/modification

Hi, just had all of leather seats and dashboard refurbished and colour changed :) also getting my steering wheel redone in black. Pretty reasonably priced, if anyone needs and leather rubber or plastic refurbished give me a shout and I'll drop you the guys number in a pm.

You can actually do refurbishment really easily DIY, there is a company called dynamix http://www.dynamixdyes.com/

That provide colour matched dye for all brands of car.

Just clean all of the leather first with something like autoglym leath cleaner, then let it dry and sponge (dab) the dye on sparingly in layers, giving 4 hours between each.

It dries to a Matt finish and you can use it but leave the dye for a week to properly cure before applying a finisher and buffing (if you want some shine)

I did my last BMW and it looked perfect at the end and only cost about £25 and a few hours work.

I've just bought a small (£10) dye and done my steering wheel and it looks like new now, no blobs in the finish etc

ah damn, lol. but cant complain they look really good, just a shame it wont let me upload any photos, anyone who's interested just drop me a pm and i can email them to you.

Thanks guys

James

Leather DIY is straight forward but time taking job. Some information in my build thread if anybody interested. Whole interior can be reconditioned for about 150 pounds of materials + many hours of work.

Leather DIY is straight forward but time taking job. Some information in my build thread if anybody interested. Whole interior can be reconditioned for about 150 pounds of materials + many hours of work.

Ah well in that case I don't feel too bad only 225 for the whole job :)

sorry for the thread revival but have you got the details of where you got yours done?

£225 for the whole job sounds great

£225 is not bad at all , considering the amount of work and time it took me to do my old interior .

That's what I was thinking, I only need my front seats and my spare dashboard done

Hi guys, only just seen that this thread has been commented on. I'll see if I can grab the guys email address and pop it up on here.

Hi does anyone have a phone number for dynamix dyes they've took my money and now emails just bounce back and I can't get on their website.

cheers

Hi James,

Have you managed to dig out this guys number yet,

Cheers

Steve