Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

** Help **

I am trying to order new bumpstops for my car through the dealer and they need the engine code of my 1990 16v.

I dont have the car at work so what is it?

Your dealer must be fairly stupid !!

AFAIK - there was only 1 engine type ever fitted to the 1.8-16v - code KR

It never ceases to amaze me how useless the dealers can be.....it's their job to know things like that but they are too lazy, and just ask for a chassis number all the time instead.

I once had one arguing that the 2.9 never even existed!

Thats what I thought but he said there was 2 different codes. There fecikng £11+vat each but I need them this weekend!

I just always give them my reg plate and they work everything out from that..... saves a lot of time wasting.

I can quite believe them querying the 2.9. When I called Ford to get a PCV filter from the V6, they didn't know it was a VW 'VR' engine and thouught I was insane when I told them it's the same engine from the Golf.

Hmmmm......

I can quite believe them querying the 2.9. When I called Ford to get a PCV filter from the V6, they didn't know it was a VW 'VR' engine and thouught I was insane when I told them it's the same engine from the Golf.

Hmmmm......

Similar VR engine as fitted to the Mercedes V280 people carrier too

I just always give them my reg plate and they work everything out from that..... saves a lot of time wasting.

Hmmmm......

then again ford do/did have 4 2.8+ litre capacity V6 engines in their model range from 1990-2000+.......not to mention the smaller cologne 2.4i V6 and 2.5i 24v duratec V6 and IIRC the probe utilises a mazda V6

Cologne 2.9i 12v...............sierra GLS 4x4(,Xr4x4,Ghia estate(88-93),Granada Ghia,Ghia X,Scorpio(87-94),Scorpio (94-99)

Cosworth 2.9i 24v............Granada Scorpio 24v(91-94)Scorpio(94-99)

VW 2.8 VR........................Galaxy V6(95-present?)

:wink: