carrots

so many wheel sizes

hi i am an old fart and dont understand wheel sizes.ive got 17 audi reps on at the mo with nearly brand new avons 205/40/17.i want some dare rs rims or something the same but dont want to do any mods to car to make them fit ok.its on coilovers but not that low.can someone help me out with size please.any links to ebay or other sites would be great.cheers

you got a vr? if so dare rs will look very similar to mine on my old borbets , dare rs 9x16 et20 on the rear and 8j et 25 on 45profile tyres will sit very similar to this

9x16 et 15 up rear and 9x7.5 et 15 up front , the dimensions arent far off the dare's

DSCF0041.jpg

if you aint got a vr the wheels will stick further in slightly as the vr's have a wider axle track, should be able to fit just fine with no mods, although i did roll the rear arch slightly but seeing as the dare rs have et 20 they will stick further in by 5mm givein you more clearance , {if a vr} and even more clearance if not a vr ,

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

If you haven't already tried 17" on a valver then I'd be careful.

When I put 17" on my old 1.8 the car didn't have enough torque to pull those massive heavy wheels and so I lost quite a bit of performance and mpg. I ended up selling them and going with a set of 16" bbs and they were much better.

It depends on your preference for performance over looks