Haribo

corrado interest.

So I'm selling my corrado, its the whole family car needed thing, and at first i thought it was just me but then I looked at the rest of the for sale section and there's loads that don't appear to have any interest.

I thought corrados sold well, I know I snapped mine up as soon as I saw it and I'd waited ages for one to be available. But Ive not had one offer.

What happened? Are corrados just not cool anymore?

Edited by Haribo

So I'm selling my corrado, its the whole family car needed thing, and at first i thought it was just me but then I looked at the rest of the for sale section and there's loads that don't appear to have any interest.

I thought corrados sold well, I know I snapped mine up as soon as I saw it and I'd waited ages for one to be available. But Ive not had one offer.

What happened? Are corrados just not cool anymore?

Don't think it's that mate time of year doesn't help also just because a thread hasn't had any replies does not mean there hasn't been interest in the car.

Don't think it's that mate time of year doesn't help also just because a thread hasn't had any replies does not mean there hasn't been interest in the car.

Yeh thats a fair point actually. I hope thats why.

And yeh I realise that but I bet I'm not the only one who hasn't even had messages about it.

Ah well, :)

Cheers

Lets face it sales and prices have seen a massive slump over the last year.2 years ago a good tidy storm was fetching 3k now they are struggling to sell for 2k. Thats just the way the market has gone and people pulling out of having a weekend car sat doing nothing for 8 months of the year.

It's a closed system now !

Meaning the only people who can reply to your ad is a Mod !

Good luck with the sale

I didn't know that! Cheers!

Indeed. Can't believe the state of the Corrado market but it's all relative - you can buy M3's for £5,000 and E39 M5's for not much more.. I think until the Corrado becomes real scarce the values are going to continue going through this 'adjustment' :|

I'd mothball it and wait till March / Easter before selling it ( or any oddball, classic, summer sports car for that matter ) Salts off the road, less rain, few more pennies in peoples pockets, someones summer project and people generally feel better about their personal circumstances etc etc.

That is unless you really need to sell it. Everything leans towards a buyer at this time of the year. And as Andy said, even the good cars struggle at this time of the year.

I also believe that those who are fortunate to have a weekend car, aren't changing them perhaps as frequently as they did. Holding on to them longer. But personally I think there's too many cars on the road and not enough second car enthusiasts coming through to take tham on. Ten years time, hopefully the economy will have re- configured its self and there will be an appetite for a weekend sports car. Rather than the bland eco moulds that will be the norm until such a time.

Or maybe this is a nail in the coffin for the classic car market, and there is no way back. All those cars that would normally get sucked into the gravity pull of classic status are being shown a market driven shut door. Fuel prices, and being on the edge of the next automotive fuel source will all play a massive part in the next wave of car ownership. On all levels.

Time will tell.

Edited by James.

its basically timing dude.. you've put the car up for sale at traditionally the worst time of year. being honest, i dont think you'll sell it until end feb.

everyones spent out now over christmas and will be recovering next month. end feb people start thinking about new show season and project cars etc.

unless someones just been given a grand for christmas and they'll prove my theory wrong! fingers crossed for you, i can vouch for the fact it's a great car and i miss it.

Yeah, I echo the sentiment above. It is a bad time to sell, demand (and hence achievable prices) is always low at this time of year, particularly for larger engine niche models in the current economic climate. The few buyers that are out there looking will find more bargains than at other times of year. A good Corrado VR6 should fetch around £3k plus in warmer months, yet at this time of year would be hovering around the £2k mark.