bmwcompact

Splitter

Its probably been discussed in the past but searches have revealed little!

Is it possible to fit a splitter off any other car to the corrado with or without modification? For example there are many Golf MK 1,2,3,4,5 splitters available cheaply on Ebay. What's involved in getting any of them to fit or is it too much effort with a poor looking end result?

Are there any non VAG group cars that have a suitable splitter?

Is there no choice other than to try to repair a damaged original or find a good secondhand corrado splitter.

Photos of any alternatives appreciated

Its probably been discussed in the past but searches have revealed little!

Is it possible to fit a splitter off any other car to the corrado with or without modification? For example there are many Golf MK 1,2,3,4,5 splitters available cheaply on Ebay. What's involved in getting any of them to fit or is it too much effort with a poor looking end result?

Are there any non VAG group cars that have a suitable splitter?

Is there no choice other than to try to repair a damaged original or find a good secondhand corrado splitter.

Have you looked at the spoonfed one's very good quality and excellent fit:?

Sorry-I should have made it clearer. I won't pay £150/200 for a new strip of plastic or even £50/70 for a second hand one.

It should cost £15/20: there's no way its worth so much! There are folks on this forum that buy a whole car for only a few hundred pounds.

I am looking for a cheap alternative to trying to repair my existing damaged splitter with fibreglass and filler.

Sorry-I should have made it clearer. I won't pay £150/200 for a new strip of plastic or even £50/70 for a second hand one.

It should cost £15/20: there's no way its worth so much! There are folks on this forum that buy a whole car for only a few hundred pounds.

I am looking for a cheap alternative to trying to repair my existing damaged splitter with fibreglass and filler.

I understand where you are coming from mate and just as much enjoyment can be achieved with a 500quid car as with a 5k car:salute:

Good luck: I've read carbon fibre is brittle (unlike plastic) and wont survive long. I'm sure members here would be interested in how successful you are.

I used to have a Corrado chin spoiler on a big bumpered Mk2 golf with no modification required which suggests Mk2 and possibly Mk3 chin spoilers fit size wise. Have no photo's though.

Im fairly sure a Mk2 big bumper lower chin can be used.. They may now be worth a small fortune as well..

Problem with parts like this is they always get damaged, demand high and therefore so is the 2nd hand value.. Im sure VW knew it would be a semi consumable part as well hence its new price being high...

You can buy an after market Mk2 big bumper chin splitter for under £25. It comes in 2 halves, left and right. That really was the reason I posted. I was hoping someone would tell me for certain that either this or something else would fit. I dont want to spend £25 and find it either doesnt fit or looks terrible.

There must be many owners who would love to find a cheap way of getting a new splitter!