_Meth

Cheap roof bars...

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with cheaper roof rack systems for the Rado?

Im basically after a set of bars to be able to strap a small inflatable boat to my roof, along with a few other bits from time to time, but I dont want to spend a fortune on Thule systems etc...

Anyone got any ideas?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-LIFE-CORRADO-EOS-UNIVERSAL-ROOF-BARS-ROOF-RAILS-RACK-ESTATES-SALOON-/160941873104?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Touring_Travel&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item2578e217d0

Any thoughts? Or do I need the running bars for these to mount onto?

Or these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOMAXI-SUPRA-ROOFBARS-NO-03-AX-MATIZ-106-206-BALENO-YARIS-CORRADO-SAXO-/121041416074?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Touring_Travel&hash=item1c2ea16f8a

I have the Votex OEM bars on mine which are very good, I have carried fence panels, surfboards, 3 mountain bikes, christmas tree, even a sideboard using them. They fit the car beautifully and look good on the car too (being aero type)..however, they make a hell of a racquet at speed (sunroof open with them in situe really isn't practical!)..

They cost me nearly £200 second hand (more than the Thule ones) but have been an excellent purchase

..I really wouldn't risk cheap bars, peace of mind was imperative for me and with intending to carry a RIB/boat more so. Reasonable priced sets come up from time to time second hand on here and eBay