jonny_ash

help please

When taking out my heater matrix there's a bracket sticking up infront along the centre console, there's 3 plugs going in, black which plugs in the topmost socket and a brown near the middle and grey near the bottom. I took the brown and grey out to remove the bracket. Problem is I didn't realise there were 6 socket holes and I don't know which they were in. Any ideas? Don't actually know what it is for either

Got a picture?

I honestly cant remember without seeing a picture, from when I did mine, however IIRC the block connectors are built in a way that means they are fairly obvious as to which block they plug into?

I could be wrong though.

Are we talking about the Heater control plug, Cigarette lighter plug, Stereo plug etc??? Or the ones at the top of the dash with the rear heated windscreen, fog lights etc?

It baffles me why people don't choose a thread title relevant to the actual issue. You're bound to get more assistance if you pick a title that will attract the right people to help.

It baffles me why people don't choose a thread title relevant to the actual issue. You're bound to get more assistance if you pick a title that will attract the right people to help.

Or even start a thread asking for what title to go for ?

How about:

" Help, I'm stuck with six sockets and am stumped if I should select the brown"

:help::lol:

It's the metal triangular bracket that the bottom of the dash attatches to, just infront of the heater box. If I knew what it was called or what it was for I might have been able to give it a relevent title but thanks for the advice vr6. 2 look like they connect to a few plugs under the gearstick gaitor. I've taken a pic and tried to attach off my phone but it won't let me sorry.

---------- Post added at 6:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:59 PM ----------

I'm not sure they even do anything as under the gaitor they don't plug in. Auto transmission maybe?

Cheers. So on a 16v they are near useless anyway. Am I right in thinking they then go to the plugs attached to that triangular bracket then?

Cheers bud. Maybe I'm wrong with my explanation. It's actually the socket connected to the metal triangular bracket further forward under the dash that I'm stuck with. I thought the wires ran to that pin under the gearstick gaitor but maybe not. The one I need help with has 6 identical sockets with 3 plugs going in to it. No idea what its for. Think it may have to be trial and error