OllieVR6

Interior light on when unlocking the car, possible?

When I unlock my Clio (from the remote) the interior light comes on. It stays on for 30 seconds or so and then fades out. You can get boxes that will provide the fade out functionality on the internet, the bit I want is the 'on with unlock'.

I have a right click keyless kit installed so I would imagine I can tap into the unlock signal from that, but that's about as much as I can work out. Would it be a relay to the interior light to make it come on?

Really wishing I had paid more attention in electronics class now!

Because where I live there are no lights in the car park and I find with the Clio the interior light is enough to highlight any puddles to avoid whilst walking to the car :)

if i hit unlock on mine the light comes on for about thirty seconds ??have you got it switched on to on ope3ning the doors as i think this helps?

Perhaps install follow me home headlight kit? Then you will see the road better. Works unlocking too!

you need a timer delay relay, available off ebay for about £8.00 just feed a permanent live and earth through like you would a normal relay and then splice into your unlock signal wire as the activation feed for the relay, might need to put a diode in to prevent any additional resistance that might be generated from interfering with your locking system, however I wouldn't have thought that this would be an issue.

Hope this helps.

you need a timer delay relay, available off ebay for about £8.00 just feed a permanent live and earth through like you would a normal relay and then splice into your unlock signal wire as the activation feed for the relay, might need to put a diode in to prevent any additional resistance that might be generated from interfering with your locking system, however I wouldn't have thought that this would be an issue.

Hope this helps.

Like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-SMD-TIMER-SWITCH-TIME-RELAY-1-TO-145-SEC-KIT-10A-Delay-Off-Switch-12V-/280819762656?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item41622985e0

Yes that looks good, or possibly this;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230707639704?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

the best way to do it would be to have an earth into the relay and then feed the output from the relay into the normal earthing circuit for the interior lights.

or could go along the route of positives, depends what you prefer.

Surely this is better than using an interior light to guide your way? I have this function on my Mk5 golf and I use it all the time at home as I have to park where there is no outside light...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Univers-Coming-Leaving-Home-Module-Relais-Headlight-Light-Delay-Sensor-Head-Lamp-/221122875094?pt=UK_Other_Clothing_Protection&var=&hash=item337bf34ed6

Cheers Kip that looks like just the ticket. When you mentioned this before I didn't realise you could buy it like that.

Think I'll make an investment and give it a try.