Sign in to follow this  
DaveStorm

Your Corrado Story

I was working at a doctors when I was about 17, one of the doctors had a green VR6 and that was it, I feel in love (with the car!)

I put it out of my mind until I aged a little and insurance became more sensible - oh and the minor point of needing a driving license and some road sense!

My first car was an XR2 - please don't hold that against me! When it got unreliable I went for a Peugeot 106, which was a nice little run around however I lent it to a friend and she returned it saying it was 'the most sensible car she had ever driven'! I was so offended I sold it and bought the Corrado!

It's only a little baby 1.8 16V but I love it, I found it in the autotrader and my other half went to have a look while I was at work. We went back a week or so later for me to have a look and a drive and the rest is history!

I was working at a doctors when I was about 17, one of the doctors had a green VR6 and that was it, I feel in love (with the car!)!

What is it with Doctors and Corrado VR6s??

Mine was previously owned by a Doctor and a couple I looked at previously were also owned by Doctors! And one of old Golf 16Vs was owned by a Vicar!

Ah...I see the correlation now.....Corrado VR6 = £££s to buy and maintain.....and what do Doctors have plenty of? Yep, £££s!

K

First saw a C in the middle of '89 in one of the car mags and thought 'wow' I'd love one of those but at around £18K no thanks.

Went to Germany with the forces in '90, one of my mates said he was off to a local German VW dealer to buy a corrado . How much are they Tax free? I asked - £12K!! Less than a grand dearer than a Golf GTI. Off we went to the dealer.

Ordered a 16v there and then - the G60 still wasn't released in RHD then - (would have had to wait another 6-8 months for one). He ordered a Pearl Blue metallic one at the same time - dealer must have had a field day!!!

Ink Blue metallic, with BBS, height adjustable headlights (IIRC), 'petrol' interior (green/black). They let you choose the colour of interior etc over there.

Had the car for nearly 5 years but had to sell it - 'marriage forces sale'! Had a four VW GTIs of various descriptions before buying my G60 - a project in progress.

Ink Blue metallic, with BBS, height adjustable headlights (IIRC), 'petrol' interior (green/black). They let you choose the colour of interior etc over there.

sorry for this hi-jack :wink: ........but that has to be the best cloth interior trim for any C IMHO 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

and that must have been one damn fine 16v...............do u know if its still on the road?