Otto

Can you guys give me a fair price to quote a fellow dubber...

Ok so again don't know if this is the best place to post this, but I have a guy looking to do a complete Corrado dash conversion, and he's asked me for a price for all the parts.

Now I know selling in bulk is better than trying to sell everything individually, and price is subjective, but even going on the lowest ebay prices some bits seeming to command a premium.

Don't want to screw the guy over, but some of the prices i've seen for the heater controls and steering column seem high, so if you were selling all the parts for a mk2 guy to do a dash conversion, what would your figure be?here is an idea of what he needs

Dash

Heather controls

Glove box

Switches, head light etc..

Centre console

under trays

steering column

indicator stalks

mfa stalk

heater box

left ducting

right ducting

vents

Rear seat bracket

Brackets and fittings, steering column wiring

We both want a good deal so any guide line would be great

Regards

Dave

Edited by Otto

I'd probably ask £200 for that lot. You could get more for them individually, but good to do a deal for someone who's buying a load of stuff.

I'd be more like 300 or 400 plus with what I've recently sold but as Andy says good to shift a big chunk all in one.

Paul, you rip-off merchant! :lol:

The trouble is, you can be left with things like the dash for ages and ages. Also the ducting etc. You could argue that the dash is worth a lot, but in reality, it's one of those parts that is difficult to sell.

The switches, heater controls and centre console are the only really popular parts that you could charge good money for IMHO.

Just added it up again- £250 I reckon :)

Dash

Heather controls £40

Glove box £10

Switches, head light etc.. £40

Centre console £40

under trays £25

steering column £25

indicator stalks £10

mfa stalk £10

heater box

left ducting

right ducting

vents

Rear seat bracket

Brackets and fittings, steering column wiring

£50 for the rest.

Edited by CazzaVR

I just sold two reasonable vr6 rado's for the combined total of £1k because i had no interest, woe is me...

lol, hmm some food for thought, I was thinking around the 200 mark, myself, know the individuals parts would make more, but as you said it could take months to shift it all.

But thanks guys I appreciate the help.

regards

Dave

I think obviously depending on who you are selling to the condition of the part's has to have an influence on how much it is worth and what someone is willing to pay there are plenty of people who don't look after their car then yes those part's lower end of the scale Paul i don't believe you are a rip off merchant i was happy with what i paid for your part's as they were all as described and excellent condition from someone who obviously treat's his car's with the respect they deserve. £300 is a good price.

I was hoping you hadn't seen this thread james :-) lol I did look at loads of breaker threads to get ideas though as never be broken one before so was clueless. Bloody hard work though and soooo time consuming lol I'm knackered.

I think you priced fairly paul you just have to have a look on ebay to see the "rip off merchant's" and at the end of the day it is all about what someone is willing to pay.It won't be long before prices start to rise another 3-4 year's.

Otto I got a lot of random dash bits left ill photograph them all on the weekend because I'm away at the moment and I don't want stupid prices either because Its bits of plastic at the end of the day !

Cheers

Jonesy