SkyG60

a couple parts to help out a friendly canadian!

Hi there,

i've been searching the vortex for a long time and there seems to be nothing but junk, overpriced junk, most of the time. I thought maybe I would try my luck here too, go right to the source as some would say!

I just saved 2 corrado's, one a 1991 G60 and a 1994 LC4U VR6.

Wondering if anyone is interested in posting some parts to me in Canada?

the 1991 needs the following:

-early style dashboard ashtray

-leather shifter surround (mine looks like a camel's ball sack)

-CLEAR, not amber, turn indicators

-wiring harness in the engine bay that goes from the fuse block to the fog light wiring, I have the lights and switch. (canada has dumb crash standards, we didnt get fogs..)

The VR6 needs"

-Headlights

-turn indicators

-fog light lenses.

obviously I would rather buy mint or close to than grubby beat up cracked parts with broken tabs.

Please help! If anyone is looking for any north american headlights, I'd be glad to get rid of my VR6 ones when I get european ones! and I would get rid of my G60 ones, but they are in brand new condition minus being mounted on the car while its parked for winter..

please help! I would rather buy from someone nice in the UK rather than the typical american ;)

Welcome to the forum!

For what it's worth interior bits should be easy enough to get hold of but headlights / turn signals / fog lights are getting pretty uncommon here now too.. hopefully someone will come good with some spare parts for you. If you find a seller of a part unwilling to ship, let me know - I am happy to act as intermediary and ship stuff on to you assuming all costs are met :)

i have the leather shifter surround, not sure how much they are or postage would be but its in good condition and has the plastic surround with karman badge attached but has a broken tab underneath otherwise mint, let me know if you want it

Hmm, on the gaitor, I don't need the surround, just the black leather sack :)

And I have heard TERRIBLE reviews on original German folk,

Silly, in Canada we didn't get fog lights, we had dummies and it's IMPOSSIBLE to find oem vw Hella "Canadian dummies"

Ugh... I'll post pics of the headlights some time today, it's frosty and I have to heat up the car to melt it away hahaha

PM's replied, sorry about the wait gents!

headlight pics...

IMG_86771024x684_zpsd714f9f2.jpg

IMG_86761024x684_zps3ce1e39c.jpg

doesnt look like theres any broken tabs or anything, they dont wiggle around at all, and they look pretty clean, like 8.5/10. I dont know if I'd personally split the lenses off the bodies to clean the insides, but if thats a trend for you folks to black out NA headlights, then they could maybe use a little dust off on the inside, just looks like some dust and crap, but no cracks or anything.

thanks!

Did the Canadian Corrado's get the "smooth" front bumper with no cut out for a license plate?

Hi

Pretty sure I have the ashtray and the leather gear thing - will check and get back to you over the next few days.

Where abouts in Canada are you? - I spent 6 months in Ontario (Near Windsor) a few years agao and loved it!

Ray

I'm breaking a 92 G60 currently, have pretty much everything available, I'd be happy to post either to a mod acting as an intermediary or direct to Canada or even if a third party was able to collect direct from me then post to you, even better.