maff

Enjoyed the vr today!

The sun was shining so I had a good old blast in the rado today, brought back so many memories why I love driving the vr6, the steering wheel tugging giving you feedback through a bumpy corner and the relentless growl of the vr engine, even managed to scare myself a bit and realised that I may need the old 288 brake upgrade with decent pads!

Have definatly missed driving a vr!:-D

I know what you mean. I've been out for occasional drives in mine but with poor weather recently and so much else going on right now, I rarely do get out in it. Having been mostly driving a 4 pot turbo recently (which admittedly goes like stink) I couldn't believe how good the VR sounded last weekend. I'm desperate for some really good weather and a decent drive for some meets :)

I know what you mean too! - Had a brilliant week of weather in the summer and took her out every evening for some great drives - we can't have another year of almost wall to wall rain again can we?

I agree with the cold air , can definatly tell its winter especially on a really bitter cold night , cant wait for summer tho i cant remember the last time i went fully balls out in mine with the greasy roads

...i cant remember the last time i went fully balls out in mine with the greasy roads

I chased a Merc C350 down a motorway slip road last week. I'm not sure whether he was going for it but after he launched rapidly from the lights I thought I'd follow. To my surprise I was keeping up with him. It only lasted a few seconds as I backed off when speeds got silly but it made me grin from ear to ear. Not bad for an 18+ year old car and I bet mine cost a fraction of the price of the Merc :) :) And he didn't have a spoiler doing an erection :lol:

C350 hmm is that the diesel?, if so they are 250bhp with a wallop of torque so you did well! But the vr6 is a quick car, you've got to rev the nuts off them!

And i think I'm definatly going to need uprated brakes as I never remember being quite so worried at the lack of braking force in my old vr,s? Or maybe im to used to to my 330d sport brakes. the rear discs are bigger than the rado's fronts! the thing has awesome brakes in comparison.

I also felt quite a lot of twist from the front end when I really stood on the brakes? would a front strut brace help with this?

I think ill do a search...