StueyB

FS: Becker 7995 Head Unit - No Reasonable Offer Refused...

Evening all,

Posting these items up for sale on behalf of a friend as I thought they'd be of interest to Corrado folk.

First item is a rather awesome head unit, a Becker 7995 in very good condition. Everything intact and comes with the addition of iPod connection for iPod/iPhone users!

Although this won't work with the new iPhone 5, adapters can be bought to convert the existing connection.

Stereo looks very OEM, with very minimal amount of buttons, controls and flashing lights. I'm sure I don't have to mention the sound quality of it, it's second to none and is a good addition to a decent/good sound system.

I won't go into the full item details, complete spec can be found here: http://www.dnacaraudio.co.uk%2Fbecker-grand-prix-7995-becker-bluetooth-stereo-becker-grand-prix-blue%2F&h=-AQEJO4b3

This unit is the one without the sat nav so in some people's eyes, it's classed as the better model. There are no preouts on the rear for an amp etc... but you can buy a module or a splitter to solve this issue. Comes with standard ISO Loom setup so should be plug and play in most cars.

Pics [excuse the username pics, my friend had it advertised on Edition38 before he pulled it down after countless stupid questions/posts]:

th_IMG_0047_zpsbae156ce.jpg

th_IMG_0049_zps87c21850.jpg

th_IMG_0054_zps85238de1.jpg

th_IMG_0053_zps85b25ad6.jpg

th_IMG_0052_zps1cb85502.jpg

th_IMG_0048_zps3cc7cb29.jpg

This item has been priced very much for a quick sale. I've had to resist the temptation to buy it myself at this price, as I really don't need it but do want it in my life.

Price: £140.00 + P&P

------------------------------------------------------------

Second item is a BMC Carbon Dynamic Airbox - SOLD.

Both items can be collected from Cranfield, Bedfordshire if preferred.

Any questions, feel free to post below.

Edited by StueyB

Quick check has found the following info on sizes. Two Universals:

CDA 70-130 & CDA 85-150.

CDA 70-130 is up to 1600cc. CDA 85-150 is over 1600cc.

This was used on 2.0 so in summary, this should be suitable however I'm just waiting for confirmation from the owner.

Edited by StueyB

As soon as I know, you'll know.

Going to try and compare my personal CDA with his tomorrow.

Ah shame the Becker is the one with the blue screen, really want green to match the interior, good luck though.....nice bit of kit : )

CDA has been compared with a model bought for a Corrado VR6.

It has the same outer girth as well as inlet + outlet diameters so the conclusion is it's a 85-150 model suitable for cars over 1600cc including the VR6.

Excuse my stupidity but is this a type of induction kit and does this replace the standard airbox? If so where do all the wires, metering equipment etc connect? I was under the impression that you could only fit a panel filter into a 2L 16V

Cheers

John

Is indeed a type of induction kit and it does replace the standard air box. The CDA part stands for Carbon Dynamic Airbox.

I can't advise how this would work for a 2L 16v as I have had no experience with these engines.

In the fitment of the BMC to a VR6 it simply replaces the air box and is connected to the MAF via silicone coupler and some jubilee clips. All wires are post air box so nothing needs to be modified.

I'd be interested if vr6 lee doesn't want it and if anyone on here can confirm it can be fitted to a 2l 16v. I've been on their website and the filter they show for a 2l 16v is a panel filter.

Bump back to front page.

Very reasonably priced Becker considering the £350+ brand new price.

My friend is now taking very reasonable offers on the Becker...happy to pass on a contact number...

My friend is now taking very reasonable offers on the Becker...happy to pass on a contact number...

would he be willing to split the ipod adaptor from the headunit?

Just waiting on the response to both of the above...

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Macus - Ideally he wants to sell these together.

Sean_Jaymo - pm heading your way.