bradv8

g60 ecu board diagram??

hi all

have just got my hands on a g60 ecu for my corrado but have been told that when the last guy had it he shorted something out inside n the fuel pump didnt run,

so am looking for a diagram of the ecu board itself so when i give it to my friend to openup he sort of knows where to look and what hes looking for!

have found loads of diagrams for what the pins do but nothing for the ecu internals

cheers if anyone can help!

If memory serves me correctly the ecu only controls injector cycle time, not the fuel pump.

I would check the fuel pump relay and fuse.

Also check the ecu relay.

on the gti's the signal comes from the ignition+ n is grounded to the body but on the g60 it come from the ecu to fire the injectors n start the fuel pump so could do with the schematic if possible please

Pin 3 r/y ecu harness is switched live from ecu goes to fuel pump relay g1/3 low current side .test with multi meter voltage at terminal 85 on the fuel pump relay housing to earthing point. Voltage means ecu is doing its job,look at fuel pump wiring/relay/pump.No voltage,continuity test from that terminal to ecu harness plug pin 3.if good, check power to ecu. Easy way to check if ecu is working is to take king lead off the dizzy and put it close to an earthing point and turn engine over.should spark. Coil won't discharge if ecu isn't powered up

Does sound like ecu relay isn't working

It will be a transistor gone in the ecu..... If you open up the ECU and trace the fuel pump pin from the ECU plug back you will find the Transistor (small black 3 pin component used to switch current) that switches the fuel pump relay. I repaired one before with a transistor robbed from a central locking pump unit.

I can't remember which pin it is on the ECU, I've not got the wiring diagrams to hand

did have a friend look at it for me n he checked all the resistors n found them to be fine, will have to wait till all the engine is complete and ready for it n will test it then again! cheers for replys lads

Like jezzag60 says, it more than likely a transistor, although it would be better to know what type it is rather than just fitting one from a central locking kit.

If its blown by someone shorting it out, you can sometimes see the top of the transistor has bulged/burnt

PS, where abouts in Norfolk are you Brad (Do you work on an airbase and play with a rally car?)

Edited by rado20vT