GrahamU

Dogbone Mount

Has anyone fitted a dogbone mount to a Corrado? Seen it mentioned on here but cant find anything on how one may have been fitted.

I've got one on the TDI mate as it's running MK4 mounts - basically the MK4 point was cut out and welded to the Corrado subframe.

I've got a spare mount for sale with yellow powerflex bushes if you want it to mess around with?

cheers, dont spose you got any pics of yours fitted?

I saw your dogbone for sale, I do have one but it dont have the poly bushes

I'll have a look but fairly sure i've not got any pics underneath... I think it bolts to the 02M gearbox though rather than the engine itself...

I'll have a look but fairly sure i've not got any pics underneath... I think it bolts to the 02M gearbox though rather than the engine itself...

appreciate you looking,

and yeah, it bolts to the gearbox, I'm fitting a 2011 box which has the holes to fit it in the bottom

Yeah so if you're using the other 2 MK4 mounts then it really makes sense to use this also to keep it as intended... although mine's a bit of a bodge it does work well... The bubframe is standard Corrado and a section has just been welded in so you have the flat to mount the dogbone to.

The original mount lasted well but I noticed the engine cover hitting the bonnet so replaced with a GSF one - this lasted about 6 months before giving up so fitted the Powerflex to the original - this did the job but too much vibration and noise was transmitted being a TDI.

I bought a genuine R32 one eventually (£70 from VW) and it's been great!

Vibra-technics also do a bush which I was going to try next but happy with the above, don't fit a pattern one if you value you're bonnet!!