joeypineapplez

G60 with H&R springs

To jump on the back of this thread http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?78825-H-amp-R-Springs-on-late-VR6-Pics

Can any G60 owner running H&R springs please measure the ride height (from centre of wheel to lower lip of arch)

And if you have any pics that would be nice but measurement more important to me as its hard to judge with pictures.

Thanks

Nobody spare 5 mins with their measuring tape.?

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Nobody spare 5 mins with their measuring tape.?

wait that sounds wrong doesnt it.?

Joey,

I have Koni sport top adjustable dampers and the H&R VR6 springs fitted to my 16vG60, don't get the G60/16v springs with sports dampers as they are a horrible miss match and ride badly.

My gap between the top of the tyre and wheel arch is around 5-6cm.

Yandards I ordered G60 (H&R 30mm) springs today before I saw your post. I was planning on putting them on with the Monroe dampers (non sports) that came with the car as they are quite new. Perhaps getting Koni TAs in the future.

So you say G60 H&R springs with the Koni TAs is a horrible mismatch on the G60 .?

Sorry I am new to the Corrado scene I'm more used to Golf GTIs. I read the whole "What suspension" thred and felt at the end that H&R with Koni TAs was the way forward. Apologies if I've misunderstood you.

If you use standard G60 shocks or similar with the G60 H&R springs then the ride should be ok, but if you fit Koni TAs or sporty dampers then the G60 H&R springs are no good as they are not designed to be used with those damping rates.

Ok thanks Yan, I see what you mean now. So If I ever deceide to upgrade the dampers in the future I guess I should stick with H&R dampers to match the springs. ? Or possibly bilstein B4s. ?

In hindsight I should have gone all in and got the H&R cupkit.