timthetinyhorse

what head unit will look oem

i want a head unit for the corrado that looks as close to oem as possible whilst still having ipod connectivity.......

has any one got anything that fits this description fitted and any pics??

would prefer the ipod cable to come from the back of the unit so i can route it into the big storage box below the heater control

thanks

Beckers with green displays look best IMHO. You can buy iPod connectors which work exactly as you describe, but have pre-iPhone 5 fitting (I'm sure you can get an adaptor from somewhere though...)

Not cheap though unfortunately and I think Becker have stopped trading so classifieds only I'm afraid.

Mark

I have an Alpine Bluetooth unit fitted in mine. It has a dark/ grey/ black finish, so blends in with interior well in daylight. Also there are 4 selectable illumination colours (green/amber/red/blue) so at night you have matching green lighting. It has Ipod connectivity (on front panel). It cost me £140 from Halfords in sale with loyalty discount! Think RRP is around£200. Excellent quality, great Bluetooth phone clarity through car speakers.

Edited by Billzeebub

Yep the Beckers look brilliant but Sony from around the 90's period other than that. Normally quite a few on ebay.

I looked into the beckers, however they looked nice and oem , they lacked proper Bluetooth integration, iPod was only via aux so no control , no USB and no pre-outs.

What are nakamichi like nowadays? i had one of them for years and loved it, looked quite simple too, no bright lights and trendy button shapes.

This is something i'm looking into as well..

Nakamichi, still available new from the States, sound and looks great, some questions over long term reliability and no iPod/USB connection..

Im looking for an OE look, has to be green illumination standard or an option. I want very good sound quality. USB/ipod connection on the rear to run a cable to the glove box and with other connection for future sound system development.. Not asking much but im keen for any suggestions as to where to start..

I have a sony cdx930ui which has brilliant ipod control and switchable control illumination (blue/red/green) although you have to turn off all the chav graphics from the menu.

You could try a Blaupunkt as these were fitted from the factory in Germany and the modern ones are good imo http://www.blaupunkt.de/index.php?id=1680&L=1

I agree I the Alpine. I have Bluetooth and iPod spec 133BT unit in my car, which looks like the ones on prev page but with a cd slot visible. Has multi illumination and the green looks OEM to the max in my view.

2012-07-15002813.jpg

The red in the pic is from the USB pen drive.

I have ended up buying another Nakamichi.. It will run an Ipod but not controllable from the head unit but the sound quality and OE look are the business...

Edited by Goldie