bmwcompact

Suspension/steering settings

The December 2012 issue of the Sprinter had an article on setting up the Corrado suspension/steering. It mentioned several times that the tracking should only be adjusted using the offside track rod, and that the dimension of the nearside track rod was set/fixed and should not be altered.

What is the correct length for the nearside track rod as this was not given? (It was stated the track rod would need to be removed to set to correct length). Is it the same for all variants?

I am sure lots of cars have had track rod ends replaced and hence the track rod length changed. Why is this important?

no idea, it makes little sense other than the exact centre position of the rack and pinion, I've never set them 'correctly' and it has no effect on the car

but if you want to do it by the book, then G60 185/195 tres is 379.5mm +/- 1mm if it's a G60 with factory 205's then it has different track rods so is 283mm instead

VR6 is plus axle so different values again, 406mm

all above taken from Bentley, so US spec Corrados?

I went to the effort of the 406mm measurement when I had the steering rack off. Have had tracking done since and didnt bother to say about adjusting one side only.

Can't really say it matters tbh. After dismantling everything and rebuilding it. It was only a couple of mm out. (Track rod length).