G60radoboi

Parts availability for corrado?

Hi guys.

I am looking at getting a corrado sometime soon hopefully but wanted to know what are parts availability like? For example if I get a car with some rust on the wings etc will I get parts readily and aftermarked lights etc. Looking for a black G60 and will be wanting to do smoke tail lights etc. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Aftermarket lights are readily available. I got a set from a company called Venom Motorsports but there are many more places. Best place for body parts is the breaking section on here. To be honest this is probably your first port of call for anything corrado. Good luck with your car hunt! One of the latest posts has a set of smoked lights available if your quick :)

When it comes to body panels and external/ internal trim, you have to buy used parts either here, breakers or Ebay. Because of the limited nos of corrados made, there are no huge stocks of new parts out there: anything unique to the corrado may be difficult/impossible to find new. Corrados seem to be more valuable broken rather than sold as a whole so there's a steady stream of used parts from these cars. Many mechanical parts are similar to Golf 2 and so are widely available from different manufactures/retailers.

VW don't support the corrado too well, and obviously parts are expensive when available. VW classic parts in Germany and VW heritage their agent in the UK have some hard to find parts. Some parts can be found in Germany/America.

This is a good forum with many long term corrado enthusiasts and help in sourcing parts is usually available. Just dont buy a corrado and expect to be able to find every part in an instant. Having said that there are many here who use their corrados as their daily.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search for a car!